Bacon, Onion and Asiago Fondue
Honestly, is there anything tastier than warm, melty cheese? Only this skillet fondue, packed with crispy bacon and caramelized onions. Bonus: No weird, kitschy equipment or intimidating metal skewers required. Just bring your appetite and plenty of dipping materials. (We’re partial to bread.)
8 slices bacon, diced
½ onion, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1⅓ cups diced Asiago cheese
Bread, crackers and assorted vegetables, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove the bacon and set aside.
2. Drain all but 2 teaspoons of the bacon fat from the skillet. Add the onion and cook until lightly golden, 7 to 8 minutes.
3. Return the cooked bacon to the skillet and add the heavy cream. Bring to a simmer.
4. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the cheese.
5. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted (you may need to stir once to encourage even melting), 6 to 8 minutes. Serve with your choice of bread, crackers and assorted vegetables.