Dill Pickle Snack Mix
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. You can learn more about that process here.
Everything’s coming up…pickles? But seriously, the briny flavor profile is all the rage (again). Since we consider pickle-flavored potato chips among the best, we couldn’t resist putting a dilly spin on another beloved treat, and thus, dill pickle snack mix entered the chat.
The key to getting that mouth-puckering flavor lies with vinegar. While a tablespoon of the regular distilled stuff will do the trick, you can also go all out and buy vinegar powder online. It’s not strictly necessary, but it certainly adds a punch.
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon dried dill
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
¾ teaspoon vinegar powder (optional)
1 tablespoon white vinegar
6 cups Rice Chex cereal
2 cups white cheddar Cheez-Its
2 cups mini pretzels
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F.
2. Place the butter on an unlined baking sheet and transfer to the oven until melted, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the dried dill, garlic powder, kosher salt and vinegar powder (if using). When the butter is melted, add the seasoning mixture to the baking sheet, along with the vinegar. Using a silicone spatula, stir to combine.
4. Add the cereal, Cheez-Its and mini pretzels to the baking sheet. Using a silicone spatula, gently toss to coat.
5. Return to the oven and bake for 1 hour, tossing every 15 minutes. The snack mix will keep in an airtight container for about a week.