Italian Deli Pinwheel Sandwiches
Sure, you could throw some deli meat between two slices of bread and call it a day. Or you could take ten extra minutes and whip up bite-size Italian deli pinwheel sandwiches that’ll have you looking forward to lunch all morning long. (Bonus points if you serve them with pepperoncini.)
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 large flour tortillas
8 ounces sliced Genoa salami
8 ounces sliced pepperoni
8 ounces sliced prosciutto
6 large lacinato kale leaves, stems removed
8 ounces sliced provolone cheese
8 ounces roasted red peppers
1. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and mustard. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly toast each tortilla in the skillet until it’s more flexible.
2. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixture evenly over each tortilla.
3. Evenly layer the salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, kale, cheese and roasted red peppers on each tortilla.
4. Tightly roll each tortilla into a spiral; chill for 15 minutes.
5. Slice the rolls into 2-inch-thick pinwheels. Serve immediately or wrap tightly and refrigerate for up to a day before serving