Grilled Sweet Potatoes with a Dilly Dip
It’s summertime—step away from the oven. As much as we adore soft, caramelized roasted sweet potatoes, we’re not interested in turning our entire home into a fiery hellscape for the sake of dinner. Instead, we propose you toss those ’taties on the grill. It’s already on for hot dogs, so why not? Add a refreshing dill-packed dip to the mix and you’ll never look back. (Psst: If you don’t like dill, try basil, parsley, cilantro or basically any other soft herb.)
2 large or 3 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into wedges
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
½ cup fresh dill
½ cup fresh basil
3 tablespoons chopped chives
Juice of ½ lemon
1. Prepare a grill or grill pan for medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt.
3. Arrange the potatoes cut side down on the grill, and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
4. To make the dip, in a blender or food processor, blend the yogurt, dill, basil, chives, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
5. To serve, arrange the potatoes on a platter and drizzle with the dip, or serve the dip on the side.