Grilled Pesto Chicken Couscous Bowls
When it comes to easy, inexpensive dinners, Skinnytaste founder Gina Homolka doesn’t mess around. Case in point: these grilled pesto chicken couscous bowls, which she created entirely with ingredients from Aldi. We’re going to take a page out of her (recipe) book, like, tonight.
Spinach Arugula Pesto
½ cup fresh packed basil leaves
½ cup fresh packed SimplyNature organic baby spinach and arugula mix
¼ cup grated Priano Parmesan
1 garlic clove
Stonemill ground black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons SimplyNature extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup Earthly Grains couscous
Kosher salt and Stonemill ground black pepper
4 boneless Never Any! fresh organic chicken breasts, 6 ounces each
Carlini olive oil cooking spray
2 medium zucchini, diagonally sliced ¼-inch thick
6 medium Campari tomatoes, halved
1. MAKE THE PESTO: In a food processor, pulse the basil, spinach-arugula mix, Parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing.
2. MAKE THE BOWLS: Place the couscous in a medium-size heatproof bowl. Add 1⅓ cups boiling water and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cover. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff the couscous with a fork to separate the grains. Add 2 tablespoons of the pesto. Toss to combine and set aside.
3. Pound the thicker end of the chicken breasts to level both sides so the meat cooks evenly. Spritz with the olive oil cooking spray and season with ½ teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
4. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
5. Spritz the zucchini and tomatoes all over with the olive oil spray; season with salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook thezucchini until tender, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet. Cover to keep warm.
6. Add the tomatoes to the grill. Cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Transfer to the baking sheet.
7. Grill the chicken until it is browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Slice.
8. Divide the couscous among four bowls and top with the vegetables and chicken. Drizzle with the remaining pesto.