The 35 Best Side Dishes to Serve with Lamb
Lamb is a super-versatile red meat—you can go with classic Middle Eastern flavors or spice things up with some Latin American heat. And no matter if you’re making lamb chops or roasting a whole leg, it will pair fabulously with veggie-forward sides of all kinds. Here, our 20 favorite side dishes—like za'atar-roasted cauliflower and pomegranate carrots—to serve with lamb.
1. Whole Roasted Carrots
Glazed carrots are a thing of the past. These are roasted with cumin, onion and lemon zest, all natural pairings for lamb.
2. Cauliflower with Roasted Tomatoes, Parsley and Bread Crumbs
Cauliflower is one of our favorite veggies of all time, but sometimes we get bored of just roasting it with salt and olive oil. Spice things up with sweet-tart tomatoes and a little added crunch.
3. Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
Pick and choose your favorite produce. (We like cherry tomatoes and zucchini.)
4. Cauliflower, Pomegranate and Apple Salad
This salad has it all: sweet and crispy apple slices, cumin-spiced cauliflower and an irresistible tahini-honey dressing.
5. Harissa and Honey-Roasted Carrots
Harissa is a Tunisian chile paste that’s spicy. Here, it’s tempered with a bit of honey and a cooling yogurt sauce—just try not to dip your lamb in it too.
6. Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Rosemary and lamb are like two peas in a pod. Add potatoes and make that three peas.
7. Sumac Fries with Garlic Feta Labneh
Your frozen bag of crinkle cuts could never…
8. Melted Onions
This side dish sounds simple, but the final result—caramelized, sweet-savory onions—is actually showstopping.
9. Fattoush Salad with Mint Dressing
This fattoush (a fried flatbread salad from the Levant) is drizzled with a minty fresh dressing, so you totally won’t mind if it creeps over to the lamb side of your plate.
10. Broiled Wedge Salad with Pomegranates and Pistachios
Blue cheese and bacon bits? So yesterday. Both the gingery dressing and pomegranate topping pair splendidly with your main protein.
11. Curry-Roasted Fennel Salad with Rosemary Tahini Dressing
We have a soft spot for the licorice-y flavor of fennel, but we never even thought to roast it until now.
12. Charred Sweet Potatoes with Pistachio-Chili Pesto
The crunchy, nutty pesto is going on everything at the table, just you wait.
13. Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Take a trip to Greece and pair your perfectly cooked lamb chops with this hearty, briny salad.
14. Shaved Spring Vegetable and Apple Salad with Ginger-Dijon Dressing
The best part about this salad, other than that it’s delicious? The homemade dressing comes together in a blender—so easy.
15. Baby Vegetables with Orange and Thyme
You can use any small veggies you want, but we like the way carrots and zucchini taste next to lamb.
16. Prosciutto and Fig Salad Board
Who said those pretty toppings had to hide in a bowl of lettuce? Grab your favorite cheese platter and make this salad a board.
17. Pomegranate Roasted Carrots with Feta and Brown Butter
A classic accompaniment to lamb? Tangy pomegranate seeds. We love the addition of roasted carrots and feta, too.
18. Corn, Zucchini, and Cantaloupe Salad with Prosciutto and Herbs
Salad doesn’t have to be boring. This prosciutto, cantaloupe and vegetable salad makes a hearty side for your lamb entrée.
19. Baked Asparagus with Parmesan
Sometimes, a simple and straightforward veggie side is best (especially when it’s coated with melted Parmesan cheese).
20. Broccoli Rabe and Burrata with Lemon
Your family called. And we hate to break it to you, but your three standard side dishes (glazed carrots, roasted sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli) are really boring. Give this tangy, cheesy masterpiece a whirl tonight.
21. Salsa Verde Garlic Bread
Garlic bread isn’t only reserved for pasta nights. This salsa verde twist pairs fabulously with chimichurri lamb.
22. Muhammara (Roasted Red Pepper Walnut Dip)
For easy alfresco dining, serve your lamb alongside a smoky, flavorful dip. (Just add toasted pita and you’re good to go.)
23. Tahini Mustard Sweet Potato, Lentil, and Arugula Salad
Sweet potatoes and lentils make this salad a filling side dish for lamb.
24. Crispy Air Fryer Parmesan and Thyme Roasted Potato Wedges
Low-maintenance? Check. After five minutes of prep time, pop these babies in the air fryer and they’ll be ready to go in 20 minutes flat.
25. Beet, Carrot, and Pomegranate Salad
A light and colorful salad makes a delightful bite alongside medium-rare lamb.
26. Roasted Broccoli with Olive Tapenade
This olive tapenade adds an earthy tang to roasted broccoli and, of course, lamb.
27. Mujaddara (Lentils and Rice with Caramelized Onions)
Lamb is frequently featured in Middle Eastern cuisine, so pair it with mujaddara, an Iraqi rice and lentil dish topped with caramelized onions.
28. Blistered Green Beans with Tomatoes, Pounded Walnuts and Raw Summer Squash
Trying to get the kids to eat their vegetables? Top fried veggies with crushed walnuts and juicy tomatoes. We bet they’ll go back for seconds.
29. Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower with Herb Whipped Feta
Now that we’ve discovered whipped feta, we want to eat it on every vegetable until the end of time.
30. Chipotle Gouda Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
This is far from that sweet potato casserole from Thanksgiving, thanks to chipotle peppers and smoked Gouda cheese.
31. Little Gem Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette
Keep dinner light and healthy with this gem salad topped with ricotta salata, quinoa, and a walnut and Dijon mustard vinaigrette.
32. Cacio E Pepe Brussels Sprouts
We’re giving one of our favorite foods the cheesy-peppery treatment…and the results are glorious.
33. Batbout (Pan Grilled Moroccan Pita Bread)
Once you try the fresh stuff, you’ll never go back to the store-bought kind again.
34. Cucumber Avocado Salad
This cooling salad shines thanks to mint, cilantro, peanuts and a rice wine vinegar-based dressing.
35. Baked Brie Mac and Cheese
Aka the ultimate side dish for, well, anything.