PSA: Growing your own herb garden (even a tiny one on the windowsill) will change your life. Fresh herbs add so much flavor to a variety of dishes and having them at your disposal 24/7 is never a bad thing. The first herb you should plant? Mint. It’s easy to grow, hard to kill and will make your whole house smell divine. It offers freshness to yogurt dips and cool spreads, herbaceous flavor to meat dishes and salads and zippy brightness to decadent desserts and cocktails. Here are 35 mint recipes that will make you wish you’d been growing it for years.
35 Mint Recipes That Prove Fresh Herbs Are Everything
3. Juicy Green Pineapple Smoothie With Mint, Basil And Spirulina
4. Seared Scallops With Green Peas, Mint And Shallots
5. Melon Salad With Chili Powder, Mint, Lime And Flaky Sea Salt
6. Instant Pot Spaghetti With Goat Cheese, Mint And Peas
8. Mint Julep
16. Baileys Mint Chocolate Chip Pops In Hot Americano
21. Charred Sweet Potatoes With Pistachio-chili Pesto
22. Whole-wheat Feta Tart With Caramelized Onions And Herbs
The key to the tangy feta-cream cheese filling is a boatload of chopped herbs, like parsley, dill, mint and oregano. Plate it with a Greek salad and bam: Dinner is served.
30. Coconut Milk Marinated Lamb Kebab
We’re not sure what to taste first, the impossibly tender leg of lamb or the tarragon-mint pistachio pesto.
Get the recipe
33. Fried Zucchini And Mint-pistachio Pesto Pappardelle
Crisp breaded zucchini rounds are just the fatty pairing for citrusy, nutty pasta. Two types of cheese (Parmesan and manchego, to be exact) offer just the right amount of salty bliss.