You’re craving something citrus-y. You could eat a regular old orange…or you could spring for a blood orange instead. Considering that the pretty fruit is officially in season, why wouldn’t you? Its flavor is subtly sweet with hints of bitter, tart grapefruit and juicy raspberries. Here are 32 blood orange recipes to try this winter that put its unique taste on display.
32 Blood Orange Recipes to Make While They’re in Season
6. Mixed Citrus And California Avocado Salad With Poppyseed Dressing
Clementines, grapefruits and blood oranges will all taste equally divine drizzled in creamy coconut-lemon dressing.
14. Sheet Pan Cuban Chicken With Citrus Avocado Salsa
Healthy and effortless—our two favorite things. Can you believe it'll be on the table in less than an hour?
22. Blood Orange, Fennel And Avocado Salad With Lemon Citronette
Creamy, crunchy and totally irresistible. (BTW, citronette is a fancy word for a dressing that uses citrus juice for acidity instead of vinegar.)
23. Blood Orange And Beet Salad Over Honeyed Yogurt
Beets for breakfast? You bet. We'll take extra poppy seeds and honey on ours, please.
29. Endive, Radicchio And Citrus Salad With Bacon Vinaigrette
A showstopper if we’ve ever seen one, courtesy of Katie Workman.
31. Slow-roasted Citrus Salmon With Fennel And Parmesan
A more colorful bowl does not exist. Your new favorite dinner is loaded with salty grated Parm, fresh dill and tender egg noodles.