We’ve spent countless hours scrolling the vast waters of TikTok, meaning we’ve seen hundreds and hundreds of delicious dishes pass through our feed. But few have taken off like this viral baked feta pasta recipe—with good reason. First of all, it’s mind-blowingly easy to make. Secondly, you only need a handful of ingredients (many of which are probably in your kitchen right this minute). Most importantly, it’s downright divine. (Seriously: Rumor has it this recipe led to a feta shortage in Finland.) Here’s how to make it yourself.
TikTok’s Viral Baked Feta Pasta Recipe Is *So* Delicious (and Easy to Pull Off)
The bare minimum that you need for this recipe is cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper, a block of feta and pasta. But adding garlic, fresh herbs and lemon zest is a hands-off way to take the flavor up a notch. For our favorite version of TikTok baked feta pasta, you’ll need:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 block feta cheese
- Dried oregano
- Zest of one lemon
- Fresh basil
The quantities can vary based on the size of your baking dish, so just eyeball the ingredients as you cook and use your best judgment.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Add the tomatoes to a baking dish. Drizzle them with olive oil and toss until they're evenly coated.
3. Add a few cloves of crushed garlic to the dish. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over the tomatoes.
4. Nestle the block of feta in the center of the tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil onto the feta, then top it with dried oregano and lemon zest. You can also add other spices, like crushed red pepper flakes, if you’d like.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the tomatoes are roasted and the feta is soft and melty. While it bakes, boil a large pot of salted water and cook the pasta of your choice according to package instructions.
6. Remove the dish from the oven and add chopped or torn basil to the top. Use a spoon to break up the cheese and stir everything together to create a sauce.
7. Add the cooked pasta and mix until evenly coated.
How To Make Feta Pasta On The Stove
If you’d like to pull this off even faster, make it on the stovetop instead of baking it in the oven. Just add the tomatoes, olive oil and feta to a pan and let it simmer for ten minutes. (Don’t forget to start boiling the pasta first.) Then add your garlic, spices and herbs, stir to combine and dump in the pasta. Feel free to also substitute goat cheese, ricotta or even vegan mozzarella for the feta, if you’d like.