Buy bananas. Wait for them to turn black. Bake obligatory banana bread. Repeat. Allow us to be the first to say it: Bananas deserve way more respect and attention than we give them. There are so many more treats to tackle than you realize, from banana chocolate cake to homemade ice cream. And you don’t even have to wait for them to be borderline rotten to turn them into something delicious. Presenting 35 banana dessert recipes that are easy, quick and delicious. (Heck, some of them are even healthy.)
35 Banana Dessert Recipes That Go Way Beyond Banana Bread
4. Old-fashioned Vegan Banana Cake With Creamy Cashew Frosting
13. Banana Bread Chocolate Fudge Swirled Cheesecakes
Fresh banana bread + mascarpone-cream cheese filling + homemade hot fudge = a revelatory confection for the books.
17. Banana Bread Donuts With Browned Butter Caramel Glaze
There’s no need to brave a pot of spitting oil to make these rings of bliss. They bake to perfection in the oven instead.
25. 5-minute Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Mug Cake
A baked good that doesn’t require turning on the oven? Sign us up. Feel free to go off script by adding caramel candies, chopped nuts or butterscotch chips to the mix.
27. Banana Cupcakes With Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Gild the lily by finishing each cupcake with a drizzle of store-bought salted caramel and crispy banana chips.