36 Quick and Easy Thanksgiving Salad Recipes
We know what you're thinking: Why take up precious Thanksgiving plate real estate with veggies, you ask? Because these 36 easy Thanksgiving salad recipes are out-of-control delicious and seasonal, that’s why. Best of all, many of them can be made in minutes, meaning you can get back to more important things (like watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade).
1. Caramelized Brussels Sprout Salad with Blue Cheese and Bacon
Bacon? Blue cheese? Now this is a salad even veggie haters can get behind.
3. Roasted Squash and Farro Salad
The squash adds a little sweetness, the farro makes the salad more substantial.
6. Toasted Bread and Parmesan Kale Salad
Psst: This salad only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
7. Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Pasta Salad
And you thought pasta salad season was over.
9. Autumn Grain Bowl
Thanks for keeping us secretly healthy during the holidays, Jesse Reilly.
11. Citrus Fennel Salad
Tangy, bright and refreshing.
12. Harvest Salad with Maple Balsamic Dressing
Warning: That tangy-sweet dressing will disappear quickly. And you'll want to drizzle it on everything, turkey included.
13. Kale Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
All the crunch with none of the gluten.
14. Honeycrisp Apple and Kale Salad
It’s like the farmers market opened a stand on the dining room table.
15. Lemon-Tahini Salad with Lentils, Beets and Carrots
Add some color to your Turkey Day spread.
16. Black Fig, Mozzarella and Basil Salad
Get in, we're going to Sicily. What better way to make the most of fig season?
17. Cauliflower, Pomegranate and Apple Salad
Crisp Granny Smith apples and pomegranate arils bring a pop of tartness to nutty tahini dressing and roasted cauliflower.
18. Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad
Isn't she lovely? Wait until you taste the citrus-thyme dressing.
19. Radicchio, Lentil and Apple Salad with Vegan Cashew Dressing
Soaked, blended cashews + pantry staples = the creamiest plant-based dressing you've ever tasted.
20. Spicy Carrot Salad with Chickpeas and Parsley
Not a leaf of lettuce in sight. Brace yourself for the hot harissa dressing.
21. Julia Turshen's Radicchio and Roasted Squash Salad
Prep it in advance and keep it in the refrigerator until your relatives arrive.
23. Crispy Goat Cheese Salad
A bed of arugula crowned with a medallion of pan-fried cheese? That's our kind of salad.
24. Roasted Delicata Squash Salad
Don't peel the squash—it's stripy skin is totally edible and gets crispy when roasted.
25. Prosciutto and Fig Salad Board
Forget your favorite serving bowl. A pretty cutting board turns salad into a work of art.
26. Black Fig and Tomato Salad
You can never have too many 10-minute recipes in your back pocket.
27. Roasted Winter Vegetable Platter with Miso Aioli and Romesco Sauce
Who said the Thanksgiving salad course has to be...well, salad? This roasted take on crudités is way more elegant and surprising.
28. Roasted Squash Salad with White Beans, Bread Crumbs and Preserved Lemon
Never worked with preserved lemons? They're tart, briny and floral—just the match for buttery beans and nutty squash.
29. Winter Citrus and Pomegranate Salad
A salad is only as good as its toppings, and this one's got everything from chopped hazelnuts to shaved Parmesan.
31. Warm Freekeh Salad
Feta provides just the right salty tang to savory freekeh, a chewy grain similar to bulgur.
32. Super Cleansing Slaw with Rosemary Dressing
Holy veggie, Batman. This salad's made with a ton of produce, including green cabbage, fennel, apples and beets.
33. Blood Orange and Beet Salad over Honeyed Yogurt
And the best dressed award goes to...
34. Harvest Fall Salad
We just know the best part of this salad is the bits of bacon coated in sticky apple cider vinaigrette.
35. Winter Deconstructed Borscht Salad
Not only is it topped with goat cheese, it's loaded with hash browns. Hash browns.
36. Abundance Kale Salad with Savory Tahini Dressing
Gorgeous enough to steal the turkey's spotlight.