55 Pear Recipes to Make While The Sweet, Juicy Fruit Is in Season
When it comes to fall produce, apples and pumpkins may get all the love, but we think pears are totally underrated. They’re sweet, extremely juicy and versatile in both savory dishes (like a bacon, pear and raspberry grilled cheese sammie) and desserts (rosé poached pears, anyone?). For a true taste of the season, try one—or, you know, all—of these 55 pear recipes while the fruit is at its peak.
1. Pear, Brie and Rosemary Flatbreads
We’re all about effortless recipes that look really impressive but are secretly so, so easy. This one works for entertaining or as a meal for two.
2. Pear Salad with Gorgonzola and Candied Walnuts
Any variety of pears and greens would work well in this crisp bowl. Psst: If you’re not a gorgonzola fan, just substitute crumbled goat cheese or feta.
4. Caramelized Pear Tartlets
With store-bought pie crust in your freezer, the dessert possibilities are practically endless.
5. Apple-Cider Pear Spelt Cake
Spelt is a nutrient-packed type of ancient wheat, ideal for adding nutty flavor and giving you an excuse to eat another slice.
6. Cinnamon Walnut Pear Crisp
Don’t bother with serving bowls; just set the skillet on the table with spoons and dig in.
7. Winter Pear Salad
Bring on the hearty, feel-good ingredients. (Here, that’s kale, Brussels sprouts, pears, clementines and a honey Dijon dressing.)
9. Upside-Down Pear Gingerbread Cake
We love upside-down cakes because they basically decorate themselves, but a dollop of whipped cream never hurt anything.
12. Prosciutto, Pear and Arugula Rolls
We’ll never say no to a ten-minute appetizer that you can eat with your fingers.
14. Poached Pear Gingerbread Loaf Cake
The pears are poached in white wine before baking in the cake for a surprisingly elegant loaf.
15. Honey Roasted Pear Sparkling Cocktails
A toast to sweater weather is in order, don’t you think?
17. Hawaiian-Style Kalbi (Grilled Korean Beef Short Ribs)
Here, pears are a surprising but essential ingredient in the marinade. They add a touch of sweetness to offset all the savory flavors.
19. Slow Cooker Pear Sauce
Make a batch for topping everything from pancakes to pork tenderloin.
20. Spiced Pear Oatmeal
It’s best enjoyed on the couch, with a steaming cup of coffee and your softest blanket.
21. Roasted Root Vegetables and Pears with Maple Vanilla Butter
Maple vanilla butter is an unexpected addition to this side dish, but with the juicy, sweet pears, it works.
23. Caramelized Pear and Hazelnut Crumble Tart
Would you believe this beauty requires just 20 minutes of prep time?
24. Maple Bacon Brussels, Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
You had us at “maple bacon Brussels,” if we’re being completely honest.
26. Rosé Poached Pears with Ginger and Vanilla
Aren’t they the prettiest?
27. Gluten-Free Pear and Pistachio Cake
Almost too gorgeous to eat. (But pass us a slice, would you?)
28. Sweet Crepes with Caramelized Pears
Filled with mascarpone cream and caramelized pears, this French breakfast (or dessert) is nothing short of divine.
29. Crispy Prosciutto Baked Brie Bites with Honey Pears and Walnuts
Fruit and cheese is a natural pairing; so is bite-size food and our mouth.
32. Pear Salad with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
The tangy citrus dressing is the pièce de résistance.
34. Pomegranate Pear Salad with Creamy Pomegranate Dressing
For maximum fall flavor, don’t skimp on the feta, pistachios or pepitas.
35. Roasted Pear and Cranberry Brussels Sprouts
Want to know the key to our heart? It’s crispy Brussels sprouts, caramelized pears and sweet-tart cranberries. What a trifecta.
36. Kale and Asian Pear Salad
Crispy and crunchy in all the right ways.
39. Bacon, Pear and Raspberry Grilled Cheese
In case you were wondering, this is how to get in the cozy mindset.
41. Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa
Extra salsa is encouraged.
43. Pear and Sage Baked Oatmeal
Skip the instant oatmeal and elevate your morning routine. This is just as easy to make and way more delicious.
44. Celery, Pear and Hazelnut Salad
Add this to your weeknight rotation—we know you’re sick of Caesar.
47. Korean Beef Bulgogi
Pear in the marinade adds sweetness and tenderizes the meat.
48. Slow Cooker Apple Pear Crisp
The crispy brown sugar topping is loaded with pecans and oats for extra texure—yum.
51. Toasted Brioche with Whipped Goat Cheese and Asian Pear Compote
Asian pears are more tart and floral than the sweet Boscs you’re likely used to. They’ll contrast nicely with all that creamy cheese.
53. Farro Risotto with Pears and Speck
Red d'Anjou pears are juicy, sweet and slightly citrusy, just the match for buttery farro and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. (FYI, speck is a type of cured, lightly smoked ham. Swap in prosciutto if you can’t find it.)
55. Caramelized Pears and Mascarpone Donuts
Can we marry the spiced pear cream filling? Just kidding. (Or are we?)