No matter what inventive, out-of-the-box recipe we try making for dinner, we always end up coming back to chicken—and why not? The trustworthy bird is versatile, easy to prepare, protein-packed and crowd-pleasing. But now that summer is over, we need some inspiration. With that in mind, we rounded up 60 fall chicken recipes that you’ve never tried before—they’re easy and tasty, so plan on making one every night from now until December.
60 Fall Chicken Recipes That Are Easy and Delicious
6. Chimichurri Chicken Meatballs With Herbed Greek Yogurt, Red Quinoa & Green Beans
The bright, herby, garlicky sauce is good enough to eat by the spoonful. Save some for the tender, savory meatballs, OK?
10. Creamy Parmesan Chicken And Spinach Tortellini
It doesn’t get cozier than a skillet full of cream sauce.
12. Sticky Orange Chicken With Caramelized Onions And Fennel
Stress-free and sheet-pan are a match made in heaven, so this sweet-and-savory number is a no-brainer. The marinade does double-duty as a sauce, adding an extra boost of flavor.
18. Dijon-maple Chicken With Brussels Sprouts And Butternut Squash
Mmm, we wait all year for squash season. It’s a natural pairing for these glazed chicken thighs, which are just the right amounts of salty and sweet.
19. Pomegranate-sumac Chicken With Roasted Carrots
Our chef in residence Jake Cohen found a way to make Middle Eastern cooking totally approachable. This recipe is full of warm, cozy spices and is so easy to pull off.
20. Dorie Greenspan’s Sheet-pan Balsamic Chicken With Baby Potatoes And Mushrooms
You’ll want to eat this straight out of the oven, but we suggest saving some for later—it’ll make delicious leftovers.
26. Smothered Skillet Chicken With Thyme Butter Mushrooms
You might say you’re not a mushroom person, but you’ve never tried this skillet, have you? It’s so buttery and herby, you’ll be instantly converted.
27. Roasted Butternut Squash Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Couscous
This is like a healthy version of macaroni and cheese with an autumnal twist—thanks, Coterie member Monique Volz.
29. Cider-braised Chicken With Spiced Butternut Squash
Who could say no to all these fall flavors in one easy to clean pan? OK, if we’re being honest, you had us at “cider.”
30. Skillet Chicken With Bacon And White Wine Sauce
When the temperatures start to dip, there’s nothing we want more than to dive into a skillet full of white wine sauce.
31. One-pan Moroccan Chicken Stew With Sweet Potatoes And Couscous
Monique Volz does it again with another healthy-yet-satisfying meal. This one has tons of cozy spices and dried fruit for a unique (and delicious) twist.
34. Crock-pot Honey Harissa Chicken With Chickpeas, Feta And Jeweled Pomegranate Rice
Admit it: You feel cozier just looking at this gorgeous plate. Make it for your next impromptu dinner gathering and tell everyone you worked on it for hours.
38. Potato-chip Crusted Chicken With Arugula Pesto
This is like chicken parm but even better, thanks to the crispy potato-chip coating. Might we suggest sandwiching this one in a pretzel bun as well?
42. Chicken With Feta Cheese, Dill, Lemon And Harissa Yogurt
We should mention that this dish happens to be a one-skillet deal. And you know how they say, “feta is betta”? It’s true.
46. Honey Mustard Sheet-pan Chicken With Brussels Sprouts
On our ideal fall dinner checklist? Fast, easy and minimal cleanup. This one checks all the right boxes.
54. Rosemary Chicken With Roasted Grapes And Shallots
This simple dish can be made in 30 minutes flat. Serve it with mashed sweet potatoes or roasted fall veggies for a well-rounded meal.
55. Parmesan-roasted Cauliflower Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
This is what happens when our favorite protein meets our favorite vegetable. You could pair this with pasta or eat it just by itself.
56. Crock-pot Chicken Wings With Maple Ginger Glaze
No frying and no mess involved. They’re just what you need on game night (or really any night, for that matter).
58. Oven-roasted Whole Chicken With Root Vegetables
We promise this roast chicken is easier to pull off than it seems. It’s crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside and amazing as leftovers. (Thanks, Coterie member Carlene Thomas.)
59. Red Curry Sheet Pan Chicken With Sweet Potatoes And Crispy Kale
Coterie member Phoebe Lapine knows that nothing gets us more excited than a sheet pan full of roasted sweet potatoes (except, you know, a sheet pan full of kale).