30 Fall Salad Recipes That You’ll Actually Look Forward to Eating
Once fall arrives, corn, zucchini and tomatoes make way for squash, Brussels sprouts, figs and the like. And they’re all invited to lunch. Ease into the season with 30 fall salad recipes that are both healthy and exciting. Plus, most of them only take a few minutes to put together.
2. Easy, Healthy Broccoli Salad
It’s like that creamy broccoli salad you grew up with…but with an upgraded maple-mayo-cider dressing that’s a touch more elegant.
3. Warm Ginger-Scallion Pork and Kale Salad
As much as we adore kale, eating those leafy greens raw can be hard to swallow—literally. This recipe uses a bit of heat and an acidic dressing to soften the texture and add tons of flavor.
5. Herbed Kale Salad with Persimmon, Pomegranate and Maple-Cumin Dressing
Maple-cumin dressing? Salad has never tasted this good.
6. Meal-Prep Creamy Kale Caesar Salad
Not only will you have lunch for the week in just 15 minutes, it’ll convert your veggie-resistant kids.
9. Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad with Turmeric Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing
OK, this one will take you 35 minutes to make. But hello, it’s sheet-pan salad (meaning minimal dishes to clean). And it’s drizzled in a homemade sweet and tangy dressing to boot.
10. Prosciutto and Fig Salad Board
Equal parts impressive and easy, meaning its ideal for an alfresco dinner with friends before the weather gets too chilly.
12. Cauliflower, Pomegranate and Apple Salad
Hey there, autumn. Crisp, tart apples and juicy pomegranate seeds add brightness to spiced cauliflower and nutty tahini dressing.
13. Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad
It’s almost too pretty to eat. (Oh, who are we kidding? We’re having thirds.)
14. Radicchio, Lentil and Apple Salad with Vegan Cashew Dressing
The four-ingredient dressing couldn’t be simpler. And it also tastes amazing over pasta or on toast, so go ahead and make a double batch.
17. Kale Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
A salad for people who, well, hate salad. It’s got umami-rich mustard dressing, smoky roasted chickpeas and Parm shavings. What’s not to like?
19. Black Fig, Mozzarella and Basil Salad
Peak fig season is in September, so kick off the season with this 10-minute wonder. Now, where’s the crusty bread?
21. Spicy Carrot Salad with Chickpeas and Parsley
The dressing stars harissa, a hot North African chile paste. It turns zesty and bright when combined with lemon and white wine vinegar.
23. Mackerel Asparagus Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette
Nothing beats the divine one-two punch of zippy soy-sesame dressing and umami-rich mackerel.
24. Warm Sesame Noodle Salad
For those of you who like your greens with a side of carbs. The peanut-soy dressing won’t hurt either.
25. Indian Salad Bowl with Crunchy Chickpeas
Complete with mango chutney, shredded coconut and curry-roasted chickpeas.
26. Yotam Ottolenghi’s Cauliflower, Pomegranate and Pistachio Salad
Sometimes lettuce just doesn’t cut it. Here, cauliflower, parsley and mint hold down the fort.
28. Roasted Delicata Squash Salad
This gourd is nutty, sweet and gets crispy in the oven. Add a sprinkle of crumbled feta and pomegranate seeds, then wow your guests.
29. Falafel Salad with Spicy Yogurt Sauce
Skip messy frying and sauté the 10-ingredient falafel patties instead. Or, let store-bought falafel do all the work.
30. Warm Freekeh Salad
It’s time to add this ancient grain to your pantry. It’s chewy, earthy and quite the match for roasted butternut squash and fresh mint.