12 Meals You Can Make with a Can of Cannellini Beans
We’ve all been there: Staring at the can of cannellini beans in the back of the cabinet. It’s not that you don’t like the white beans, but what do you do with them? Luckily, there are tons of options, from beloved classics like pasta e fagioli soup to smashed on tartines and topped with radishes. Here are 12 meals you can make with a can of cannellini beans.
1. One-Pan Sausage with Broccoli Rabe and White Beans
No one can complain about the dishes—this sheet pan dinner includes Italian sausage, white beans and broccoli rabe.
2. Lightened-Up Italian Wedding Soup with Chicken Meatballs
Cannellini beans are a classic ingredient in Italian wedding soup, and we’re loving Coterie member Jesse Reilly’s light version.
5. Winter White Bean Kale Pappardelle
Cannellini beans add plenty of fiber to this pappardelle pasta dinner from Coterie member Charlene Thomas.
6. Smashed White Bean Salad Tartines with Herbs and Watermelon Radish
These smashed white bean tartines are almost too pretty to eat. Almost.
7. White Turkey Chili with Avocado
You don’t have to use kidney beans in your chili. Swap them for cannellini beans for a creamy twist on a classic.
10. Mediterranean Three Bean Quinoa Salad
Lots of beans in the pantry? Try Coterie member Maria Lichty’s three-bean quinoa salad with cannellini beans, green beans and chickpeas.