One-Pan Sausage with Broccoli Rabe and White Beans
Here’s the thing about mild Italian sausages: They’re inexpensive, quick to cook and flavorful. Toss them into this one-pan sausage with broccoli rabe and white beans recipe and you’ve practically got an instant dinner—with barely any cleanup.
4 mild Italian sausages
1 bunch broccoli rabe
One 14-ounce can white beans, drained
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¾ teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Arrange the sausages on a greased baking sheet and roast until they begin to brown at the base, 7 to 9 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, while the sausages cook, trim the broccoli rabe into bite-sized pieces.
3. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli rabe with the white beans. Drizzle with olive oil and season with garlic powder, crushed red-pepper flakes and salt and pepper; toss well to combine.
4. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and flip each sausage over. Add the broccoli rabe mixture to the baking sheet in an even layer. Continue roasting until the sausages are golden on the other side, the broccoli rabe is tender and the leaves are crisp, 6 to 8 minutes more.
5. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and slice the sausages into thick pieces.