38 Healthy Fall Recipes Under 500 Calories (That Still Taste Delish)
Fall is all about cozy, stick-to-your-ribs meals that feel like a hug in a bowl (or on a plate), and it’s no secret that we love it. But we still want to nourish our bodies, and sometimes, keep things on the lighter side. Thankfully, these healthy fall recipes (all under 500 calories!) will do the trick—they’re roasty, toasty and packed with the flavors of seasonal produce and warming spices…but won’t make you want to hibernate until next spring. Now, who wants a bite of buffalo-stuffed sweet potatoes?
1. Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Barley Risotto (480 calories)
These stuffed ’shrooms look fancy and taste decadent, but they’re so easy to make (not to mention super healthy and filling, too).
4. Tandoori-Inspired Roast Cauliflower Bowls with Tahini (277 calories)
Thanks to a spiced yogurt marinade, these veggie bowls taste like they cooked for hours. (In reality, it’s more like 40 minutes.)
5. Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Carrots and Chermoula (266 calories)
The fresh, herby chermoula (a North African sauce) brightens up the entire dish.
13. Chicken Sausage, Spelt and Pepper Skillet (489 calories)
It’s as healthy as it is convenient, plus there are hardly any dishes to clean afterward. Basically, it’s the perfect weeknight dinner.
15. Yotam Ottolenghi's Roasted Butternut Squash with Lentils and Gorgonzola (298 calories)
Lentils are a winner when it comes to healthy, satisfying meals. They’re packed with protein but won’t weigh you down, and go with everything from salad to soup.
17. Slow-Cooker French Onion Soup (338 calories)
Mmm, rich, caramelized onion broth and a cheesy crouton topping? We’ve found our favorite fall soup.
18. Buffalo-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (455 calories)
These have Saturday football (and Sunday meal prep) written all over them.
19. Freekeh Vegetable Soup (227 calories)
Proof that a veggie-based soup can be just as hearty and soul-warming as any meaty one. The secret is freekeh, an heirloom grain that’s rich in protein.
21. Baked Chicken and Ricotta Meatballs (454 calories)
We adore meatballs in all forms, so why should they be limited to appetizers and spaghetti? These are quick-cooking and require minimal cleanup.
23. Keto Instant Pot Sausage-Kale Soup (363 calories)
Use any type of sausage (kielbasa, chorizo and Italian are all great choices), and switch up the greens to customize this bowl.
25. Polenta with Roasted Mushrooms and Bacon (482 calories)
It’s hard to believe something so creamy can be so low-cal. We’re in heaven.
27. Baked Coconut-Curry Meatballs (387 calories)
In our humble opinion, baking meatballs is superior to frying them. Easy cleanup, tender meatballs and less oil? Check, check and check.
28. Alison Roman’s Roasted Squash with Yogurt and Spiced Buttered Pistachios (264 calories)
This dish is extremely cozy and extremely hands-off. Most of the work is done in the oven—huzzah!
29. Crisp Fall Green Salad with Benne Seed Ginger Dressing (440 calories)
With all the rich food that the colder months bring, it’s nice to have a bright and refreshing salad to remind us what fresh produce tastes like.
34. Butternut Squash and Red Lentil Soup (421 calories)
It’s worth seeking out red lentils for this recipe, since other colors would make the soup look muddy. They’re also quick-cooking, and who doesn’t want that?
35. Vegan and Gluten-Free Curry Chickpea Potpie with Sweet Potato ‘Crust’
Trust us, you won’t even miss the flaky biscuit crust.
36. Roasted Squash Salad with Crispy Shallots and Balsamic Reduction (311 calories)
Oh hi, one-ingredient dressing. We see you and we respect you.
37. Fall Harvest Honeycrisp Apple and Kale Salad (312 calories)
The season has so much to offer when it comes to fresh produce, so why not toss it all in one beautiful salad?