Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
Guys, it's time to think beyond pumpkin pie. Take our recipe for pumpkin quick bread, which just happens to have a swirly cream-cheese filling and cinnamon streusel on top.
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 egg white
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
½ cup neutral flavored oil (canola, peanut, or olive--not extra virgin)
1¼ cups sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1½ cups pumpkin puree
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. Make the Cream-Cheese Swirl: In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese with the egg white until smooth and well combined. Add the confectioners' sugar and mix to combine. Set aside.
3. Make the Pumpkin Bread: In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the salt, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice to combine.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the oil with the sugar to combine. Add the eggs one at a time and mix to combine. Mix in the vanilla extract and the pumpkin puree.
5. Add the flour mixture to the bowl with the wet ingredients; mix until evenly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Drizzle the cream-cheese mixture over the top, then use a skewer or the tip of a knife to swirl the cream cheese into the batter.
6. Make the Cinnamon Streusel: In a small bowl, mix the flour with the brown sugar, oats and cinnamon to combine. Add the butter and mix until moist crumbs form. Sprinkle the streusel evenly on top of the batter in the pan.
7. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the loaf is golden brown, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.