36 Dairy-Free Holiday Recipes Everyone Can Enjoy
Navigating the holiday table can be tough when you’re avoiding dairy. But it’s not all butter-laden cookies and creamy eggnog. There are plenty of dairy-free options that still feel festive and fancy. From appetizers to desserts, here are 36 dairy-free holiday recipes everyone can enjoy.
2. Gluten-Free Flourless Cocoa Cookies
These beauties are made without flour or butter for maximum chocolaty goodness, and since the recipe calls for bittersweet chocolate (as opposed to milk), they’re totally dairy-free.
3. Cauliflower, Pomegranate and Apple Salad
It’s as festive as it is delicious, thanks to crisp apples, deepy caramelized cauliflower and a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds at the end.
4. Radicchio, Lentil and Apple Salad with Vegan Cashew Dressing
A creamy dressing sans actual cream? You better believe it. (Psst: You can also sub the dressing anywhere you’d use ricotta cheese.)
5. Vegan & Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Ginger Tart
Sometimes dairy-free desserts can taste a little healthy, if you know what we mean. This one is the total opposite.
6. Salmon and Fennel Dinner Salad
Plant-based yogurt lends the dressing an indulgent feel, but it’s actually pretty healthy. (So you can eat more cookies, of course.)
7. Avocado Chocolate Mousse
It’s so rich and intensely chocolaty that no one will suspect it’s made from something green. We’re sneaky like that.
8. Balsamic Cranberry Roast Chicken
Hands off? Check. Minimal cleanup? Check. Yep, we’re making this ASAP.
9. Delicata Squash Rings with Garlic-Lemon Sauce
Want to know a secret? You can doctor up store-bought mayonnaise and pretend it’s a homemade aioli. So fancy.
10. Crispy Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
These will definitely stand out in a sea of sad party appetizers. Make a double batch—they’ll go fast.
12. Alison Roman’s Swordfish with Crushed Olives and Oregano
You’re ten ingredients and 30 minutes away from an elegant main course.
13. Dairy-Free Butternut Squash ‘Fondue’
Who said cheese eaters get to have all the fun? This squash fondue is just as dippable as the real thing.
14. No-Bake, Gluten-Free Rose Petal Brownies
Swap the rose petals for red and green sprinkles if you want to get extra festive.
15. Pistachio-Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Apple and Escarole Salad
Nope, pork tenderloin isn’t a sad, dry relic from the early 2000s. It’s actually a buttery, tender meal that comes together on a single sheet pan.
16. Whole Roasted Carrots
Looking for a simple yet elegant side dish with a ton of flavor? Look no further.
17. Dorie Greenspan’s Roasted Acorn Squash Wedges
Serve these as a side to a fancy cut of meat or paired with an uncomplicated green salad for a vegetarian main.
18. Vegan Golden Mylk Cheesecake
The trendy dairy-free beverage got a sweet, silky, almost-no-bake makeover. Can we have a second slice?
19. Pomegranate-Maple Glazed Lamb Chops
If it’s too cold to fire up the grill, you can make these chops just as easily in a super-hot cast-iron skillet.
20. Vegan Butternut Mac and ‘Cheese’ with Smoky Shiitake ‘Bacon’
Make this and everyone will think you’re a professional chef. (Or a magician.)
21. Spicy Orange-Honey Glazed Ham
It’s a holiday. There has to be a ham involved. Especially one that's this delicious.
22. Brussels Sprouts Latkes
These crispy guys are already dairy-free, just skip the side of sour cream. We promise you won’t miss it.
23. Vegan and Gluten-Free Apple Blackberry Crumble Tart
Coconut oil takes the place of butter in this easy press-in crust. Even better, you can swap the fruit for any type your heart desires.
24. Vegan Mashed Potatoes
Garlicky, fluffy and oh so creamy, thanks to vegan butter.
25. Green Bean Casserole
Bye, canned cream of mushroom. We're using cashew cream, vegetable broth and oil instead.
26. Honey Mustard Sheet-Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts
There's no need to fuss over a whole holiday ham if you're only serving a few people. And this sheet-pan wonder will leave you with only *one* dirty dish.
27. Vegan Avocado Caesar Salad
You won't find any anchovies or dairy in this wow-worthy crowd-pleaser. (It's all about the cashew Parmesan.)
28. Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad
This gorgeous spread of multicolored produce is here to show you what citrus season is all about.
29. Dairy-Free Cheesecake with Blueberry Topping
We can't decide what we love more, the cashew-coconut milk base or the three-ingredient blueberry topping.
30. Creamy Vegan Lentil and Roasted Vegetable Bake
Winter comfort food at its dairy-free finest. Crispy pine nut topping FTW.
31. Easy Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
Oh, almond milk. What would we ever do without you?
32. Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Sriracha and Lime
We may or may not be planning to chop these beauties up for a killer meatless taco filling.
33. Spicy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Odds are you already have every ingredient you need for this ridiculously easy veggie side.
34. Vegan Instant Pot Farro Risotto
We can hear your guests now: "Wait...is there really no cheese in this?" (The secret is white bean purée.)
35. Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
Don't knock it 'til you try it. Serve it with sliced bread, crackers, pita chips or crudités.
36. Coconut Cinnamon Buns
Christmas morning just got a whole lot merrier.