No-Bake, Gluten-Free Rose Petal Brownies
Normally, we don’t like to play favorites. But we’re pretty obsessed with these gorgeous no-bake, gluten-free rose petal brownies (psst—did we mention they’re vegan and sugar-free?). If you’re into fudge, we guarantee you’ll love this rich, intense chocolate treat that’s studded with just the right amount of tart dried cherries and macadamia nuts. Don’t feel like ordering dried rose petals? It’s OK to scatter rose tea on top for a similar look and taste.
Cooking spray, for pan
2⅓ cups pitted dates
1⅓ cups almonds
⅓ cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
¼ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
Fresh or dried rose petals, for finishing
1. Make the Base: Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the dates, almonds, cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon water, vanilla extract and salt until the mixture is very smooth. Transfer the mixture to the pan and press into an even layer.
3. Scatter the cherries and macadamia nuts over the base and gently press them in.
4. Make the Topping: In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, maple syrup and coconut oil to combine. Pour onto the base and spread into an even layer. Garnish with rose petals.
5. Transfer the pan to the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve immediately or store for up to a week in the refrigerator.