Wondering What to Serve with Scallops? We Have 30 Tasty Ideas
Scallops are buttery and tender and come with a restaurant price tag to match…so you’re canceling your reservation and whipping them at home. (Go, you!) Wondering which side dishes will pair best? We’ve got a few ideas—30 of them, to be exact. Since scallops are briny and sweet with a relatively subtle (read: not too fishy) flavor profile, they’ll complement everything from crunchy sweet corn to zippy citrus salads and silky roasted winter squash. Here’s what to serve with scallops for a delicious and deceptively easy dinner.
4. White Risotto with Corn, Carrots and Kale
The toppings here are totally adaptable, so you can customize this decadent dish with whatever’s in season (or in your fridge).
6. Pan-Seared Scallops with Citrusy Corn Succotash
The scallops require just two minutes of cooking per side, and the zingy corn succotash tastes like summer in every bite.
7. Charred Broccoli with Sriracha Almond Butter Sauce
For a spicy complement to your rich seafood main, try this Thai-inspired number. It’s simple, but doesn’t taste like it.
9. Grilled Corn with Spicy Aioli
Save this one for summertime—it’s worth seeking out in-season corn on the cob.
10. Keto Instant Pot Greek Cauliflower Rice
The scallops take, like, five minutes. The side takes ten. That’s a 15-minute dinner, friends.
11. Delicata Squash Agrodolce
It’s not all salads and fresh veggies. The sweet, creamy texture of winter squash is another ideal pairing for your scallop dinner.
12. Avocado, Radish and Walnuts with Carrot-Miso Dressing
We’re suckers for the contrast in texture, but if we’re being honest, this one had us at carrot-miso dressing.
14. 15-Minute Gazpacho with Cucumber, Red Pepper and Basil
There’s no heat (or effort) needed for this baby. The secret? Your trusty blender.
15. Julia Turshen’s Radicchio and Roasted Squash Salad
We love the combination of bitter greens and sweet scallops. Plus, you can make this the day before, refrigerate it and then bring it to room temperature before serving.
16. Joanna Gaines’s Peach Caprese Salad
Nothing against tomatoes, but peaches and mozz might be an even better duo.
17. Grilled Watermelon-Feta Skewers
Fresh and easy is our new M.O. (And we’re convinced everything tastes better on a skewer.)
18. Roasted Delicata Squash Salad
19. 20-Minute Burrata Salad with Stone Fruit and Asparagus
Whoever decided you shouldn’t serve cheese with seafood has obviously never tasted burrata.
22. One-Pot, 15-Minute Pasta Limone
Pasta and scallops? Sounds like a lot of effort…unless you make this lemony 15-minute dish.
23. Zesty Chargrilled Broccolini
Save the steamed broccoli for your takeout Chinese order. This side dish has four ingredients, plus salt and pepper.
25. Grilled Peach and Halloumi Salad with Lemon-Pesto Dressing
If a little lemon-pesto dressing sneaks its way onto your scallops, consider yourself blessed.
26. Cold Sesame Cucumber Noodles
If you want to leave out the tofu and serve your scallops on top instead, we support your decision.