You’ve cooked your way through all your favorite chicken, salmon and beef dishes ten times over, so you’re eager for something new that will spice up your dinner rotation. Have you considered lamb? It’s a versatile protein that pairs beautifully with everything from hummus to pasta to mint jelly. And if you start with ground lamb, it’s a total breeze to prepare. Whether you grill it, bake it or add it to a stew, this secretly simple meat will quickly become one of your go-tos. Presenting 30 ground lamb recipes that will surprise and satisfy your guests every single time.
30 Ground Lamb Recipes That Will Help You Break Out of a Dinner Rut
1. Antoni Porowski’s Moroccan-style Pasta Bolognese
This recipe doesn’t ask more of you than spaghetti and meatballs, besides a bit of patience. The sauce is gently simmered for about three hours to deepen its flavor.
12. Australian Lamb Meatballs With Buttery Lemon Orzo And Tzatziki Sauce
15. Greek Lamb Lettuce Cups With Mint Yogurt Sauce
They’re low-carb, satiating and ready to devour in 30 minutes—what more can you ask for in a weeknight dinner?
16. Greek Lamb Meatballs With Avocado Goddess Sauce
Ground lamb is the most natural pairing for couscous, hummus, feta and cukes, but you could always use beef or chicken instead.
17. Lamb Burger With Harissa Mayo And Pickled Red Cabbage
The quick-pickled red cabbage slaw adds a refreshing, zingy je ne sais quoi to the handheld.
29. Spaghetti And Moroccan Lamb Meatballs With No-cook Romesco Sauce
You’re only a few pantry staples (roasted red peppers! sun-dried tomatoes! Marcona almonds!) and a blitz in the food processor away from the lightning-fast sauce.