32 Leftover Ham Recipes That Taste Just as Good on the Second Day
The Christmas ham was stunning in its glory…but once the festivities are over, all you can focus on are those sad slices lingering in the fridge. Believe it or not, they’re about to be tonight’s amazing dinner. From simple ham and cheese sliders to cheesy ham mashed potato cakes to classic split pea soup, here are 32 leftover ham recipes that will make your holiday feast last forever.
How long can you use leftover ham?
According to the USDA, spiral-cut hams and their leftovers can be kept in the fridge for three to five days. So, depending on when you bought that glorious ham, you have up to five days to eat it (or freeze it).
Can you freeze leftover ham?
You’re in luck: As long as your leftover ham is less than five days old, you can stash it in the freezer for one to two months, per the USDA.
1. Croque Madame Dutch Baby
Fluffy pancakes for dinner? That’ll be a “yes” for us.
2. Caramelized Pineapple Ham and Cheese Turnovers
This might be the most ingenious combo ever. It’s like Hawaiian pizza, but pinkies out.
3. Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
The perfect lazy brunch dish after all the holiday festivities.
5. Ham and Sausage Hash Brown Egg Bake
This breakfast of champions takes only 10 minutes to prepare.
7. Ham, Egg and Cheese Pockets
This childhood favorite is making a comeback (and hopefully this time it won’t scorch the roof of your mouth).
8. Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup
Comfort food is absolutely necessary once the glow of all the celebrations wears off.
9. Microwave Egg Caprese Breakfast Cups
You’ve never had pesto for breakfast? You’re in for a treat.
10. Cuban Sliders for a Crowd
Because nothing says “party” like mini sandwiches.
12. Ham, Spinach and Swiss Stuffed Crepes
We’re never eating plain old sandwiches again.
13. Ham, Cheddar and Chive Scones
We appreciate a sweet treat as much as the next person, but some things can benefit from a little bit of savory.
14. Ham, Swiss and Apple Sandwich
Wait, did we swear off sandwiches? We were totally kidding.
15. Cuban Sandwich
Savory and cheesy doesn’t begin to cover it—this sammie’s topped with *plantain chips* for crunch.
16. Ham and Cheese Sliders
These beauties are brushed with a buttery mustard topping that's loaded with poppy seeds and dried onion.
17. Baked Ham and Cheese Omelet
Standing by the stove flipping individual omelets for everyone at the table? Not today.
19. The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
What better way to mark the most important meal than with the mac daddy of morning treats? Behold this breakfast sandwich.
20. Instant Pot Leftover Hambone Soup
Sure, this soup is simple, but it’s also anything but boring thanks to that smoky ham.
21. Baked Ham and Cheese Croissants
The sprinkle of poppy seeds takes this already-OTT recipe to a new level.
22. Croque Madame Toast
The French basically invented the concept of “put an egg on it.”
23. Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas
We’ve never met a quesadilla we didn't like, breakfast included.
24. Broccoli Ham and Cheese Soup
It’s not just cozy and warming, it’s also kid friendly to boot.
25. Ham and Peas Pasta With Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
This one comes together in practically no time. (And by that, we mean 30 minutes tops.)
26. Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Foil Packets
That melted cheese makes you want to dive right in, doesn’t it?
28. Egg and Croissant Brunch Bake
It’s all the cheesy, flaky goodness of a breakfast sandwich wrapped into one dish.
29. Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches with Bacon and Caramelized Onions
The ham is great and all, but we can’t get enough of the caramelized onions.
30. Apple Sandwiches
Feel free to swap in any lunchmeat once that leftover ham is all gone.
31. Creamy Baked Gnocchi with Ham and Peas
Your leftovers have never looked (or tasted) fancier. Even better, it’s ready in 35 minutes.