Truth: You shake a mean cocktail, but come holiday party season, the hostess with the mostest shouldn’t stand in a corner preparing individual drinks for each and every one of her guests. Here's the ultimate solution: 35 punch bowl cocktails that make serving everyone (including yourself) a breeze. Our favorites? We couldn’t possibly choose, but the white Christmas margarita punch and the pumpkin patch punch have become a regular part of our annual festivities (and you can never go wrong with big-batch negronis). Now that’s how you spread good cheer.
35 Holiday Punch Bowl Cocktails to Make This Party Season
- Time Commitment: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Why We Love It: <10 ingredients, beginner-friendly, no cook
A cocktail that serves itself is the gift that keeps on giving. Made with fresh mint, cranberry juice, orange liqueur, vodka and sparkling wine, this festive libation is sure to keep guests happy.
- Time Commitment: 20 minutes
- Why We Love It: ready in <30 minutes, <10 ingredients, no cook
We love it when our drinks are pretty enough to double as decoration. Coconut milk and coconut cream bring the snowy-white shade, while tequila, orange-flavor liqueur and rum bring the party.
- Time Commitment: 3 hours, 5 minutes
- Why We Love It: slow cooker recipe, beginner-friendly, crowd-pleaser
Just leave the Crock-Pot on warm with a ladle for easy serving. With help from the slow cooker, this one truly makes itself.
12. Classic Eggnog
- Time Commitment: 1 hour, 35 minutes
- Why We Love It: special occasion-worthy, crowd-pleaser, beginner-friendly
Sure, you can add liquor to store-bought nog and call it a night. Or you can wow your guests with the real thing. Adding spiced rum is optional (kind of).
- Time Commitment: 10 minutes
- Why We Love It: crowd-pleaser, ready in <30 minutes, beginner-friendly
Soul-warming bourbon meets tart pomegranate juice and bubbly Prosecco. Go the extra mile by freezing cranberries, blood orange and rosemary sprigs in the ice cubes.
- Time Commitment: 10 minutes
- Why We Love It: <10 ingredients, ready in <15 minutes, beginner-friendly
In case you didn't get your fill of apple season by Thanksgiving, this is the perfect holiday cocktail. Sprinkle a little extra cinnamon on top for a little extra zing.
- Time Commitment: 15 minutes
- Why We Love It: beginner-friendly, crowd-pleaser, slow cooker recipe (optional)
Double the seven-ingredient recipe in your slow cooker instead of on the stove so it stays hot throughout the whole party. You'll thank us later.
- Time Commitment: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- Why We Love It: slow cooker recipe, beginner-friendly, special occasion-worthy
Spike it with coffee liqueur, coconut rum or even white chocolate liqueur for the ultimate grown-up treat. You can also garnish with a candy cane, which would add a pop of color (and a tasty hint of peppermint!).
- Time Commitment: 5 minutes
- Why We Love It: kid-friendly, crowd-pleaser, ready in <15 minutes
That's right—this is a kid-friendly option because it's a mocktail! Serve to any and all non-drinking guests... just give everyone the option of adding rum, if it suits their fancy.
- Time Commitment: 35 minutes
- Why We Love It: special occasion-worthy, crowd-pleaser, vegan
This classy number is a total crowd-pleaser, ensuring that your guests are properly served. That way, you won't worry about having to whip up individual cocktails, which always makes hosting ten times harder.