Maple-Herb Roasted Turkey Legs
Not every Thanksgiving feast requires roasting an entire turkey. If you’re feeding a small crowd, then we suggest this recipe for roasted turkey legs. You’ll get all the juicy, tender goodness you expect on Turkey Day—but for a fraction of the effort and stress.
4 turkey legs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
¼ cup sage leaves
⅓ cup turkey or chicken broth
⅓ cup melted butter
½ cup maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the turkey legs in a large casserole dish.
2. Season the legs with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme. Sprinkle the sage evenly throughout the dish.
3. Pour the broth into the base of the dish. Stir the butter and syrup together to combine, and glaze each leg twice.
4. Roast the legs until they are golden and fully cooked, 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes. Baste every 15 to 20 minutes with the maple butter. You should have just enough to baste one last time when they come out of the oven.
5. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.