Sometimes you need to give the people what they want. Which, in the case of pizza, is most definitely this cheater’s spicy sausage pizza with burrata. It has plenty of meat, cheese and veggies to go around. Oh, and did we mention it’s ready in about half an hour?
1 large, round flatbread or prebaked pizza crust (at least 12 inches in diameter)
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
⅓ cup Boursin cheese
1 pound precooked spicy sausage, sliced
2 cups finely chopped broccoli
3 cups finely shredded kale
6 ounces burrata cheese
Fresh basil leaves, for garnishing
Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnishing
Freshly ground black pepper, for garnishing
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place the crust on a baking sheet and brush the surface with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Spread the Boursin cheese onto the crustin an even layer.
2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced sausage and cook, tossing occasionally, until it’s golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
3. Arrange the sausage, broccoli and kale on the pizza in an even layer. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over the surface.
4. Bake until the vegetables are tender and lightly charred, 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Dollop the burrata on top of the pizza. Garnish with the basil, crushed red-pepper flakes and black pepper.