10-Minute Pad See Ew
We love this popular Thai dish because it’s basically just a bunch of stir-fried rice noodles. Better yet, this 10-minute pad see ew from Stir-Fry: Over 70 Delicious One-Wok Meals by Caroline Hwang is ready in practically no time and cooks up in a single skillet. Cool if we make it every night?
Scant ½ cup dark soy sauce
¼ cup light soy sauce
2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
Pad See Ew
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1½ tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons stir-fry sauce
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
8½ ounces broccoli, sliced into bite-size pieces
14 ounces cooked flat rice noodles
2 eggs, beaten
1. Make the Stir-Fry Sauce: Combine the dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, wine and white pepper in a jar or container. Store covered for up to two months in a cool, dry place. (Makes ¾ cup.)
2. Make the Pad See Ew: Combine the oyster sauce, granulated sugar, stir-fry sauce and rice vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the broccoli and stir-fry, charring it slightly; transfer to a large bowl.
4. Add the noodles and oyster sauce mixture to the skillet and stir-fry until well combined; transfer to the medium bowl.
5. Add the eggs to the skillet and scramble until cooked through. Return the broccoli and noodles to the skillet and toss until well coated.