You and broccoli go wayyyy back. But what about its lesser-known cousin, broccoli rabe? First of all, it’s chewy, a little bitter and absolutely delicious. It’s packed with nutrients that dark green cruciferous veggies are famous for, like iron, potassium, calcium and all that good stuff. Plus, it’s versatile, stunning on a plate and available throughout the fall to play around with in the kitchen. Grab a big bunch at the farmers market or supermarket, and try one (or um, all) of these broccoli rabe recipes while it’s at peak deliciousness.
20 Broccoli Rabe Recipes to Make While The Veggie Is in Season
2. Curry Noodles With Broccoli Rabe And Purple Cabbage
5. One-pan Sausage With Broccoli Rabe And White Beans
8. Crock-pot Italian Chicken And Broccoli Rabe Chili
9. Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Broccoli Rabe And Garlic-sage Butter Sauce
12. Crispy Tofu Steaks With Broccoli Rabe And Romesco
Proof that tofu can be far from bland. The key to getting the crispiest tofu steaks possible is pressing as much liquid out of them as possible before pan-frying.
18. Healthy Baked Sweet Potatoes With Spicy Turkey Sausage And Broccoli Rabe
This hands-off dinner only requires five minutes of prep and a 40-minute roast in the oven to come together, so you'll probably want to work it into your fall dinner rotation like, right now.
19. Chickpea, Broccoli Rabe, Tomato And Cucumber Salad
You know those early fall nights that are still warm enough for eating alfresco? This dish is just the ticket. We'd wash it down with a glass or two of white wine...just sayin'.