Chickpea, Broccoli Rabe, Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Just because you're slammed at work doesn't mean you need to eat a sad desk lunch. Make this 10-minute chickpea, broccoli rabe, tomato and cucumber salad by nutritionist Keri Glassman. It's quick, easy and vegetarian. Win-win-win.
½ cup red onion, diced
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 tablespoons extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Remove the stems of the broccoli rabe and shred leaves.
2. Blanch broccoli rabe until just tender, about 1 minute. Transfer broccoli to an ice-water bath until cool, then drain and pat leaves dry.
3. Combine broccoli rabe, chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion in a bowl.
4. In a small bowl mix mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper until well combined.
5. Pour over salad, toss until coated, and enjoy or store in the fridge to have throughout the week.