31 Simple, Healthy Recipes to Make Every Night in October
October signals the start of many things in the food world: hot chocolate, apple cider doughnuts, Halloween candy and pies, pies, pies. But all that comfort doesn’t have to come at the price of your waistline. Toss colorful fall produce together for some seriously healthy and wholesome dinners, from broccoli bowls to low-carb enchiladas and, yes, carbonara. Here are 31 meals to make every night this month.
1. Pressure Cooker Chicken Zucchini Noodle Soup
October 1: Put a spin—pardon the pun—on the back-to-school chicken noodle soup classic with zoodles.
3. Turmeric White Fish with Peanuts and Chili-Lime Cucumber
October 3: Omega-3s and antioxidants? We’re in for this healthy weeknight dinner.
4. Smoky Black Bean Burger
October 4: Hang on to summer with yet another barbecue—or at least this smoky black bean burger.
5. Autumn Kale Salad with Sauteed Pears
October 5: Get your fruits and veggies in with this harvest salad from Coterie member Liz Harris.
8. Low-Carb Zucchini Enchiladas
October 8: The secret to healthy enchiladas? Swap the tortillas for zucchini and say “adios” to the carbs.
11. Baked Pork Chop and Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner
October 11: Don’t spend all night in the kitchen. Take out a single pan for this healthy and delicious pork chop and asparagus dish.
12. Wild Rice Bowl with Ramps, Asparagus and Snap Peas
October 12: Getting rid of extra greens in the fridge? This wild rice bowl can use ramps, asparagus and snap peas—or any produce you got at the market.
13. 15-Minute Healthy Moroccan Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
October 13: Take a cue from Coterie member Monique Volz and whip up a healthy chicken salad with Greek yogurt and North African spices.
14. Fall Harvest Honeycrisp Apple and Kale Salad
October 14: After apple picking, there are only so many pies you can bake. Grab the extra honeycrisps for this kale, prosciutto and pomegranate harvest salad.
15. Salmon Noodle Bowls with Chili-Yuzu Relish and Pickled Radishes
October 15: There are many things we love about bowls, but “assembling” more than “cooking” is a big one.
16. Vegetable Pho with Mushroom Broth
October 16: We’re just going to say it: The umami of this mushroom broth can stand up to any meat version of the tasty Vietnamese soup.
17. Turkey, Green Bean and Basil Stir-Fry
October 17: Paleo, Whole30, gluten-free and a handful of ingredients—this is a quick dinner standby.
18. Vegetarian Cobb Salad with Grilled Tofu and Coconut Bacon
October 18: Didn’t think you could eat a cobb salad without bacon? Think again. We just love this vegetarian version with coconut bacon and grilled tofu.
19. Easy Broiled Lamb Chops with Mint Chimichurri
October 19: Marinate these lamb chops ahead and pop them in the broiler for a speedy ten-minute dinner. Did we mention the delightful chimichurri will rival a restaurant’s?
20. Can’t-Believe-It’s-Vegetarian Chili
October 20: We can’t believe it doesn’t include butter or meat either.
21. Zucchini Carbonara with Parsnip ‘Pancetta’
October 21: Cin-cin to health! Carbonara usually means “loosen a belt loop,” but this recipe takes light pasta to a new level: zucchini noodles mix with spaghetti to lighten up the carb count and chunks of parsnips serve as delicious bites instead of fatty pancetta.
22. Tomato and Butternut Squash Grain Bowls with Chickpeas and Herb-Lime Dressing
October 22: Coterie member Liz Harris knows a thing or two about grain bowls: 1) The herb-lime dressing makes everything better, and 2) butternut squash means fall bowls have arrived.
23. Paleo Cod Lettuce Wraps
October 23: Cajun spices make these cod lettuce wraps anything but dull. And they are Paleo too!
26. Vegan Sloppy Joes with Cauliflower
October 26: Game day dinner? Sloppy joes, of course, but the vegan edition.
27. Falafel-Spiced Tomato and Chickpea Flatbread
October 27: The best pairing for this flatbread and a long week? A glass of wine—or maybe the bottle.
28. Healthy Chicken PotPie
October 28: Healthy and potpie may not traditionally go together, but this lightened-up version is as close as you’ll get.
29. Crockpot Moroccan Lentil and Chickpea Soup
October 29: A soup recipe that warms your heart: Moroccan spices, lentils, chickpeas, and the ease of your slow cooker.
30. Maple Glazed Salmon with Cranberry Pecan Quinoa Salad
October 30: Maple, cranberry, pecan? We really are talking fall with this glazed salmon and quinoa dish.