Classic Stuffed Peppers
Fact: Stuffed peppers are a classic. And everyone needs a solid ground beef recipe in their recipe box—like this one. It's probably the most glorious way to eat one's vegetables.
1½ cups marinara sauce
6 bell peppers (any color will do)
1 pound 4 ounces ground beef
1 sweet onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
¾ cup cooked rice
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon ground mustard
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ cup shredded Jack cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Pour the marinara sauce into the base of a medium-size oven-safe skillet.
2. Trim a little bit from the base of each pepper so it sits flat. Cut the top off each pepper; remove and discard the ribs and seeds.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the beef with the onion, garlic, rice, paprika, oregano, mustard, parsley, salt and pepper to combine.
4. Stuff the meat mixture into each pepper, filling almost to the rim. Transfer the peppers to the prepared skillet, standing them on top of the sauce.
5. Garnish each pepper with 1½ tablespoons cheese. Bake until the peppers are tender and the meat is fully cooked, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately, with a scoop of sauce.