57 Father’s Day Dinner Ideas Your Dad Will Love
If you're looking for a delicious, show-stopping meal to impress Dad this Father's Day, you can’t go wrong by firing up the grill. Besides, you can basically make the entire spread on the coals, from apps and mains to sides and even dessert. (Ever had grilled strawberry shortcake?) This year, try whipping up a few of these 57 Father’s Day dinner ideas—on the grill or otherwise—that he’s sure to love.
1. Grilled Jerk Chicken Cutlets with Mango Salsa
The cinnamon and spicy cayenne flavors in the jerk seasoning pair magically with juicy, zesty mango.
3. Grilled Cheese Crostini
It just so happens that our favorite carb and the grill get along nicely.
4. Salmon Burgers
A new twist on an old classic.
6. The Ultimate Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Once you put frizzled onions on a sandwich, you’ll never settle for lettuce and tomato again.
7. Mini Lobster Rolls
Combining our three favorite things in life: lobster, butter and fresh herbs.
8. Honey-Lime Chicken and Veggies in Foil
So tender and juicy and best of all, no dishes.
9. Grilled Corn with Spicy Aioli
Eat three. You have our permission.
10. Cheaters Grilled Whole Chicken and Vegetables
We’re always on the hunt for easy ways to cook a whole bird.
11. Grilled Flatbread Pizza with Artichoke, Ricotta and Lemon
Use store-bought flatbread for the crispest thin-crust pizza you’ll ever taste—no kneading necessary.
12. Chicken Kebabs with Garlic Lemon Yogurt
Although the recipe calls for just a few ingredients, chef Eden Grinshpan kicks the flavor up a notch by marinating the chicken in baharat, a Middle Eastern spice blend.
13. Summer Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad
In-season strawberries and fresh corn are hard to beat.
14. Grilled Lemon Garlic Zucchini
They call it “summer squash” for a reason. Put it on the grill, stat.
15. Grilled Curried Chicken Thighs
How to make your chicken stand out from the crowd? Bring on the spices.
17. Steak Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce
Because dinner’s always better on a stick.
18. Teriyaki Cauliflower Steaks with Gremolata
If there were a side-dish beauty pageant, this one would take the crown.
19. Grilled Peach, Chicken and Ricotta Pizza
Yep, pizza at a cookout. Don’t knock it 'til you’ve tried it.
20. Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Wraps
The contrast between cool lettuce and charred chicken makes it worth lighting up the grill. Use iceberg for the crispiest crunch.
22. Grilled Angel Food Cake with Blueberry Sauce
It’s OK to start with a store-bought angel food cake (really).
23. Piri Piri Chicken
This spicy roast chicken gets crisp in the oven, but you could try grilling it too.
24. Crispy Baked Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
These tacos taste like the ones from Dad’s favorite restaurant (but they’re shockingly simple to make).
25. Rodney Scott’s Honey-Butter Fish
The sweet honey butter offsets the spicy, charred barbecue rub. Use any type of mild white fish, like trout, catfish or branzino.
28. Cheater’s Sicilian-Style Pizza with Jalapeños and Honey
It’s the spicy-sweet combo of jalapeño peppers and honey for us.
29. Corn and Tomato Salad with Feta and Lime
What better side to serve with all that grilled meat than a summery mélange of corn, tomatoes and lime juice?
30. Cast-Iron Pork Chops with Cacao-Spiced Rub
The cacao rub gives it that je ne sais quoi factor. (Psst: It’s also keto-friendly.)
31. Alison Roman’s Swordfish with Crushed Olives and Oregano
This will please even the pickiest fish-eaters at the table (and of course your dad, too).
32. Honey Mustard Sheet-Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts
Fast, easy, minimal cleanup—that’s our dinner trifecta.
33. Zesty Chargrilled Broccolini
Toss these cuties on the grill as the steak is finishing up; they’ll be ready in no time.
35. Skillet Steak with Asparagus and Potatoes
If you’re not one for grilling, you can still make a juicy, impressive steak. Time to break out the cast iron.
36. Pan-Seared Scallops with Citrusy Corn Succotash
Scallops are the ultimate show-stopping dinner. They look and taste totally fancy, but take less than ten minutes to cook.
37. Sriracha Shrimp Skewers with Collard-Peach Salad
If burgers and hot dogs don’t feel special enough, we know something that does. (Hint: It’s this recipe.)
38. Slow-Cooker Korean Short Rib Tacos
Let the slow cooker do all the hard work while you hang out on the porch with Dad.
39. Smoky Barbecued Corn
The smoked paprika topping, plus the coals from the grill, ensure these cobs have the *most* flavor.
40. Bacon Guacamole
Do we need to explain this one? Just get the tortilla chips ready.
41. BLT Pasta Salad
This side dish combines all the crunchy, savory, creamy ingredients of the classic sandwich—minus the bread.
42. Fried Chicken BLT with Jalapeño Honey
Sure, it’s fried and not grilled. But do you really think anyone is going to mind?
43. Pomegranate-Maple Glazed Lamb Chops
Well, look who’s fancy!
44. 15-Minute Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Since they take just 15 minutes to whip up, you can serve them as the prelude to a bigger main course.
46. Shrimp Boil Skewers with Corn, Sausage and Potatoes
Pop everything onto a hot grill, lay some newspaper down on the picnic table and enjoy.
47. Strawberry Shortcake Skewers with Whipped Cream
Since the grates are already hot, go ahead and make dessert right next to your dinner.
48. Cheater’s Skillet Paella
We scaled down this classic Spanish dish to make it manageable for any skill level—and it’s good.
49. Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
The sweet mango salsa is the perfect foil for these fiery shrimp. It’s the next best thing to a tropical vacation.
50. Greek Turkey Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
These turkey burgers are anything but dry, thanks to the additions of breadcrumbs and a drool-worthy tzatziki sauce.
52. Flank Steak Tacos with Cucumber Salsa
You could just make flank steak…but no one has ever complained about a steak taco.
53. Grilled Tuscan Steak
Lemon zest, rosemary and oregano give this steak delicious Italian vibes.
54. Mango-Habanero Glazed Spare Ribs
If the glaze is too spicy for everyone but Dad, use fewer peppers and make sure to remove the seeds.
56. Grilled Beer-Boiled Brats
We can’t think of a better way to say “I love you, Dad” than with beer.
57. 50/50 Burger
Alternatively, say it with a burger made from half sirloin and half bacon.