It’s sweater weather, and you know what that means: Bring on the baked goods. Whether you’re a chocolate fiend (oh hi, three-ingredient truffles) or all about citrus (you had us at blood oranges), you’ll find a good reason to turn on the oven among these 54 winter desserts.
54 Winter Desserts Worth Cozying Up to All Season
1. Citrus Shortcake
It’s like a strawberry shortcake, but the biscuit is gigantic and the fruit is winter-friendly. We’re sold.
2. 3-ingredient Blood Orange Granita
We have it on good authority that this deceptively fancy dessert pairs really well with Champagne.
3. Ombré Citrus Upside-down Cake
Ombré hair? Out. Ombré cake? Always in style.
4. Cinnamon Meringue Pie
Fruit options are sparse, so we’re making this spicy pie instead. (It tastes like cinnamon-sugar toast.)
5. Instant Pot Deep Dark Chocolate Pudding
As it turns out, your Instant Pot is good for more than just pulled pork.
6. Lemon Meringue Cookies
You don’t have to toast the meringue (it’s fully cooked), but haven’t you always wanted to try a blow torch?
7. Chocolate Glazed Espresso Cheesecake
Everyone needs a little pick-me-up. Sometimes it’s a latte. Sometimes it’s chocolate. For us, it’s both.
8. Meyer Lemon Loaf Cake
Psst: If you can’t find Meyer lemons, you can use regular ones as a substitute, but your cake will taste a little tarter. (Fine by us.)
9. Orange And Chocolate Brioche Tarts
Are you like a professional pastry chef or something?
10. Chocolate-stuffed Brownie Bites
These take 35 minutes from start to finish, which could be great news or potentially dangerous considering how easy they are to eat.
11. 4-ingredient Lemon Cookies
These cookies have a secret. (It’s lemon cake mix. There, we said it.)
12. Giant Brown-sugar Snickerdoodle Cookies
They’re crackly, chewy and, if you ask us, an excellent lunchbox treat.
13. Churro Saltine Cracker Toffee
Homemade candy that takes 30 minutes to make and doesn’t require a special thermometer? Sign us up.
14. Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
They’re ultra-fudgy like a double-chocolate cookie, but with cayenne and cinnamon for a twist.
15. 3-ingredient Chocolate Truffles
Good luck not eating the entire batch.
17. Mini Key Lime Pies
They taste like a vacation and bake up in 20 minutes—swoon.
18. Chocolate Chip Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
We’ve never met a dessert that cream cheese frosting didn’t improve.
19. Blood Orange Eton Mess
If you’re looking for a non-cheesy Valentine’s Day treat, we think we’ve found it.
20. Glazed Lemon, Olive Oil And Ricotta Pound Cake
It’s gluten free and dairy optional, but no one will know.
21. Chocolate Marshmallow Cups
You’d pay top dollar for these at a fancy bakery, but they’re surprising easy to DIY at home.
22. Snickerdoodle Chocolate-chunk Bundt Cake
If a candy bar and a cookie had a very delicious baby, this would be it.
23. Cinnamon Roll Cookies With Cream Cheese Glaze
Cookies for breakfast are totally fine, guys.
24. Triple Cookie Skillet Pie
You could make a regular batch of cookies, or you could completely blow everyone away with three cookies in one giant skillet.
25. Flourless Cocoa Cookies
Flour, schmour—it just dilutes the chocolate flavor.
26. Cranberry Curd Thumbprint Cookies
You can use frozen or fresh cranberries, so no excuses, bakers.
27. Pineapple And Ginger Upside-down Cake
Baking the fruit concentrates its flavor, so even if your pineapple isn’t peak, this beauty will still taste divine.
28. Ina Garten’s Black & White Cookies
These taste best if you make them while wearing an oversized chambray shirt. Share with your Jeffrey (or don’t).
29. Jammy Shortbread Bars
Use any flavor of jam to make them your own.
30. Grapefruit Meringue Stacks
Tart meets sweet meets impressive (yet secretly simple to make).
31. Chocolate Raspberry Fool
Dessert is ready in 25 minutes—like a fancy mug cake (but much tastier).
32. Kumquat Upside-down Cake
Meet our cute new friend, kumquat. She’s kind of tart, a little bitter and really tasty in this butter, caramelly cake.
33. Heart Thumbprint Cookies
Roses are red, violets are blue. These cookies are cute, and so easy to make…too.
34. Carrot Cake Doughnuts With Cream Cheese Glaze
Your mom always said to eat your vegetables, right?
35. Caramel Coconut Macaroons
They taste like the best Girl Scout cookie, especially if you dip them in chocolate.
36. Lemon Curd With Whipped Cream
You can make this one up to two weeks ahead, people.
37. Itty-bitty Sandwich Cookies
Eat your heart out, Oreos.
38. Cookies-and-cream Shortbread Cookies
Oh wait—we take that back, Oreos.
39. Cardamom Crème Brûlée
Adding fragrant cardamom and a pinch of cinnamon takes this dessert out of ’90s territory.
40. Bite-size Raspberry Almond Spoon Cakes
You can do a lot with a bowl, a whisk and 30 minutes.
41. Muffin-tin Lemon Meringue Tartlets
Which would you prefer: a dry, sad muffin or a silky, citrusy tart?
42. Miniature Banoffee Cobblers
Gooey caramel, soft bananas, airy whipped cream and crisp graham cracker crumbles—get us a spoon, ASAP.
44. Easy Cranberry-pecan Sandwich Cookies
Before you even ask: You can totally use store-bought jam to save time.
45. Slow-cooker Oreo Cheesecake
Bye, fussy water bath.
46. Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
These guys don’t even require a mixer to make.
47. Peppermint Devil’s Food Hi-hat Cupcakes
Watch these cuties turn a sophisticated adult into a giddy little kid in five seconds flat.
48. Ruby Red Grapefruit Panna Cotta
Six ingredients and you don’t have to leave your house. It’s even better than at an Italian restaurant.
49. ‘potato’ Candy
Lucky for all of us, this no-cook confection has nothing to do with potatoes.
50. Texas Sheet Cake
Behold, a 40 minute, no-stand-mixer-required, impossibly chocolatey cake.
51. Caramel-chocolate Macadamia Tart
You can go ahead and file this one under “gorgeous and secretly easy.” The crust is press-in and the filling comes together in a single bowl.
52. Peanut Butter–banana Cookies
We never thought we’d say this, but these cookies are kinda good for you. (Plant-based and no refined sugar, people!)
53. Black-and-white Pudding
Chocolate or vanilla? You don’t have to choose.
54. Roasted Almond And Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies don’t need improvement, but it’s freezing outside and we have a lot of time on our hands.