Chocolate-Stuffed Brownie Bites
We give you permission to unleash your inner middle school girl, because these brownie bites made in a mini muffin tin are everything that she’s ever hoped for.
“The batter is deeply chocolaty, flavored with both cocoa and melted chocolate," says recipe developer Erin McDowell. "It bakes up into the ideal combination of chewy at the edges and fudgy in the center (aided by the addition of a chunk of milk chocolate pressed into the middle).”
They’re so easy to bake, you could whip them up every week. (Wait, that might get dangerous...)
½ cup (113g) unsalted butter
½ cup (4g) cocoa powder
¼ cup (50g) vegetable oil
4 ounces (113g) bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
¾ cup (149g) granulated sugar
¾ cup (159g) light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
24 small milk chocolate candies
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 24 cavity mini muffin tin with nonstick spray.
2. Heat a medium pot of water over medium-low heat. In a medium bowl, combine the butter, cocoa powder, vegetable oil and chocolate. Place the bowl over the pot of simmering water and stir until the butter and chocolate are melted and the mixture is evenly combined.
3. Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in the granulated sugar and light brown sugar. Add the eggs one at a time and whisk to combine, then whisk in the vanilla.
4. Add the flour, baking powder and salt, and mix to combine. Spoon the batter into the prepared pans, filling them just under the top edge of the pan. Press a piece of milk chocolate into the center of each cavity.
5. Bake until the brownies are shiny and set, 16 to 18 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before unmolding from the pans.