Slow-Cooker Oreo Cheesecake
Things that are better in a restaurant: fresh pasta, smoky barbecue and a decent slice of cheesecake. Why? Special equipment. That silky New York–style dessert you know and love is usually gently simmered in an industrial water bath. But we hacked the Crock-Pot so you can make a pro-level cake at home. Just one bite of this slow-cooker Oreo cheesecake will prove that the time it takes is so worth it.
15 Oreo cookies
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup sour cream
½ cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
5 Oreo cookies
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
8 Oreo cookies
1. Make the Crust: In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the Oreos until they turn into fine crumbs. Transfer the crumbs to a medium bowl and stir in the melted butter.
2. Press the crumbs into the base of a 6-inch springform pan. Wipe out the bowl of the food processor.
3. Make the Filling: In the bowl of the food processor, pulse the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and salt until smooth and combined.
4. Pour the filling over the crust. Crumble the Oreos into coarse crumbs and sprinkle over the surface of the cheesecake. Transfer the springform pan to a slow cooker and carefully pour water into the slow cooker until it reaches halfway up the outside of the springform pan.
5. Turn the slow cooker on high and cook for 2 hours. Turn the slow cooker off and let sit for 1½ hours.
6. Remove the springform pan from the slow cooker and transfer it to the refrigerator. Chill for at least 2 hours.
7. Make the Topping: In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whip attachment, whip the cream on medium speed until the cream reaches soft peaks, about 3 minutes. Add the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract; mix for 1 minute.
8. Unmold the cheesecake from the springform pan. Spread the whipped cream in an even layer and crumble the Oreos over the surface of the cake. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.