The 14 Most Memorable Moments from the 2018 Grammys
Year in and year out, we cozy up on the couch and look to the Grammys to entertain, inspire and make us laugh. Well, this year’s Grammy Awards didn’t disappoint. From James Corden’s effort to give Carpool Karaoke a New York flair to Kesha’s powerful performance, here, 14 of the most memorable moments from the 2018 Grammy Awards.
2. And Kendrick Lamar’s Opening Performance Made Us Say, ‘Damn’
The three-time Grammy winner kicked things off with a charged rendition of his song “XXX.” The rapper was also joined by U2’s Bono and The Edge and comedian-turned–Grammy winner, Dave Chapelle.
3. When Lady Gaga Accessorized Her Piano with Enormous Angel Wings
Mother Monster paid homage to her late aunt Joanne in an emotional performance of “Million Reasons.”
4. And No One Could Escape the Intoxicating Pull of ‘Despacito’
How could you not dance to Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee’s catchy anthem?
5. When Childish Gambino & His Little Friend Made Our Hearts Flutter
The Grammy winner and 9-year-old actor and musical prodigy JD McCrady performed a soulful rendition of “Terrified” that left us mesmerized.
6. And Pink Sang from the Heart
Pink stripped down her signature edgy style to perform her song “Wild Hearts” in jeans and a white tee. The Beautiful Trauma artist also used sign language as the punctuation to her powerful performance.
7. When James Corden, Sting and Shaggy Switched Up Carpool Karaoke & Angered A Lot of Subway Riders in the Process
Not only do people not want to talk on the subway, but they apparently don’t want to hear the musical stylings of music’s newest BFFs and the Late Late Show host, either.
8. And Cardi B. & Bruno Mars Showcased All of Our Favorite Dance Moves
What style! What fun! What finesse!
9. When Consolation Puppies Were a Thing
Sarah Silverman, Jerry Seinfeld, Kevin Hart and Jim Gaffigan lost out on Best Comedy Album, but they did get free puppies.
11. When Janelle Monae Captured the Essence of Time’s Up
Before welcoming Kesha to the stage, the “Q.U.E.E.N.” singer dropped the mic for women everywhere.
12. And Kesha Bared Her Soul
We’re not embarrassed to admit that Kesha’s moving rendition of “Praying,” featuring Cyndi Lauper, Rihanna, Camila Cabello, Bebe Rexha and Julia Michaels, made us ugly cry.
13. When Elton John & Miley Cyrus Made Our Inner ‘Tiny Dancer’ Fouetté
Fresh off his farewell tour announcement, the iconic singer took the stage with Miley Cyrus. The result? More tears.
14. And Finally, When Beyoncé Was Peak Beyoncé
Leave it to Queen Bey to take our breath away with a single camera cutaway.