Clementines! Blood oranges! Tangerines! Whatever your orange of choice, there are so many ways to use them. And different oranges are best for different things, like marmalade, snacking, juicing and, most importantly, baking. With citrus season on the horizon, here are 44 orange desserts that celebrate the fruit’s bright, sweet-tart flavor.
44 Orange Desserts to Take Advantage of This Winter
14. Cointreau-glazed Cranberry Clementine Tea Cake
Cream cheese in the batter offers moisture and tang to the cake, while fresh cranberries stud it with pops of juicy sweetness.
15. Ginger Cookie Sandwiches With Orange Buttercream
31. Blood Orange And Corn Flour Ricotta Cake With Whipped Mascarpone
37. Coconut-honey Crepes With Whipped Mascarpone And Blood Orange Compote
Serve a towering stack of these on Christmas morning and they just might outshine the presents under the tree.
39. Citrus Ricotta Tart With Almond Corn Flour Crust
To nail the rainbow effect on top, prepare an assortment of citrus fruit, like tangerines, grapefruits, navel oranges and blood oranges. Peel away the pith to maximize each piece’s vibrancy.