60 Easy Dinner Recipes for Two That Are Fabulous for Date Night
This week, you’re finally having a date night (in), just the two of you. Wait—don’t order pizza. Cooking a meal together is way more romantic...and tastier. Here, 60 easy dinner-for-two ideas. Note: Some of these recipes make four servings, but that’s just built-in meal prep (we love to multitask).
1. Pasta Pomodoro with Chicken and Goat Cheese (25 minutes)
Honestly, if you can make homemade roasted red pepper pomodoro sauce in five minutes, why do you ever even go to a restaurant?
2. Sweet Potato Noodles with Sweet and Spicy Peanut Sauce (25 minutes)
The only time-consuming aspect of this meal is making the peanut sauce, which just involves dumping all the ingredients into a food processor and hitting “Start.” Spicy, sweet and totally simple.
3. Turkey Mushroom Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash (1 hour)
Tons of earthy mushrooms and crisp apples make this a fantastic recipe for a chilly fall evening. (Psst: Acorn squash is way easier to cook than you might think. If you haven’t tried it, start here.)
4. Poblano and Mushroom Tacos with Tomatoes and Goat Cheese (55 minutes)
If your taco night revolves around ground beef, Monterey Jack cheese and sour cream, it’s time to expand your repertoire. These guys are colorful, bursting with flavor, vegetarian and, best of all, ready in 30 minutes. (So basically, they’re fantastic in every way.)
5. Roasted Cauliflower and Black Pepper Ravioli (30 minutes)
OK, we’re not making the ravioli from scratch or anything (what are we, nuts?), but adding roasted cauliflower, spinach and white beans on top definitely makes it into a homemade meal.
6. Grilled Flatbread Pizza with Artichoke, Ricotta and Lemon (40 minutes)
This flatbread slathered in creamy ricotta is a more sophisticated version of spinach and artichoke dip, and we’re so here for it.
7. Blueberry Balsamic Grilled Turkey Salad (20 minutes)
You’d be hard-pressed to find a more colorful salad. This gorgeous meal includes juicy peaches, vitamin C-packed bell peppers and a sweet blueberry balsamic glaze.
8. Roasted Cauliflower Grilled Cheese (45 minutes)
Gooey Havarti and melted Gouda share the spotlight with roasted cauliflower and lemon mustard aioli in this adult version of grilled cheese. (But honestly, the kids would probably dig it, too.)
9. Lasagna Stuffed Mushrooms (40 minutes)
Basically, you’re stuffing all the goodness of pizza (cheese, herbs and marinara) into a delicious portobello mushroom cap. Forty minutes later, you’ll be devouring it.
10. Greek Grilled Vegetable Bowls (35 minutes)
Some nights, you want to eat a nice, light salad. But tonight, you’re too hungry for that. Here, farro, chickpeas and avocado tzatziki will fill you (and a buddy) right up.
11. Greek Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (1 hour)
Too lazy to use a bowl? Yeah, us too. Use a sweet potato as a vessel for these Greek veggies instead.
12. Mango Black Bean Quesadillas (15 minutes)
If you have 15 minutes, you’ve got time to whip up these quesadillas. We never thought about putting mango inside our tortillas before, but now we don’t know how we ever lived without it.
13. Chilaquiles with Poached Eggs and Spicy Honey (1 hour 50 minutes)
Breakfast for dinner? Don’t mind if we do. This traditional Mexican dish is typically savory, but here it has a touch of sweetness, thanks to orange blossom honey.
14. Polenta and Meatballs (1 hour 15 minutes)
Spaghetti and meatballs? Yawn. It’s time to give your weekly dinner staple a much-needed makeover. Enter hearty polenta and meatballs, a classy twist on an old favorite.
15. Whole30 Crock-pot Stuffed Peppers (4 hours 15 minutes)
A rich Italian dish with a Whole30 twist. Stuffed with cauliflower rice, ground turkey and aromatic basil, these stuffed peppers are filling and guilt-free.
16. Brown Rice Chirashi Bowl (50 minutes)
Though it may look like a poke bowl, it isn’t exactly. The Japanese Chirashi bowl features sushi-grade fish (no marinade), a vinegar-based dressing for the rice and tons of raw veggies.
17. Paprika Grilled Salmon Spring Salad (45 minutes)
It’s packed with potatoes, peas, asparagus and salmon, and is hearty enough to satisfy even the most salad-averse.
18. Brussels Sprout Tempeh Soba Noodle Skillet (40 minutes)
This meal has everything: our favorite veggie, soba noodles and protein-packed tempeh. Bonus: It’s ready in just 40 minutes, and it’s vegan, too.
19. Pan-Roasted Trout with Walnut Green Sauce (50 minutes)
This aromatic green sauce is a new take on the classic German Grune Sosse—its verdant herbal flavors are the perfect trout topper. And yes, this recipe is ready in 50 minutes, but 30 of those are just to chill the green sauce.
20. Quinoa and Black Bean Tacos (30 minutes)
Ten minutes to prep. Ten minutes to cook. Seven ingredients. One delicious vegetarian meal. Two happy campers.
21. Healthy Chicken Noodle Soup (50 minutes)
A combination of vermicelli and veggie noodles gives this comforting classic a healthier—and more colorful—makeover.
22. Mexican Fiesta Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing (40 minutes)
A delectable deconstructed taco complete with pickled cabbage, black beans, roasted sweet potato and red bell peppers.
23. Beetroot Risotto (30 minutes)
Purple risotto?! Yes, please. There’s a definite wow factor to this jewel-toned meal, not to mention the pops of mint and cinnamon that will surprise your taste buds and impress your SO.
24. Chicken Kabobs with Pesto Rice (30 minutes)
Pairing herb-marinated chicken with nutty, bright pesto is an ingenious way to amp up an Italian dinner (without relying on pasta...sorry, pasta, we still love you).
25. Sheet-Pan Pork Chops with Honey Mustard Parsnips (45 minutes)
A classic 40-minute pan meal for two. Bacon adds smokiness and Dijon honey mustard gives the dish a tangy sweetness.
26. Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Soup (50 minutes)
Nothing says “Let’s cozy up on the couch for date night while it softly snows outside” like a creamy, garlicky, bacon-y, cauliflower soup.
27. Steak Carbonara (30 minutes)
An indulgent pasta dish that will be done almost as soon as you’re finished grating Parmesan and chopping basil. (Hint: The key to sticking to that 30-minute mark is using thin sirloin.)
28. Lemon Chicken with Sauteed Greens (40 minutes)
If you’re tired of kale and spinach, try chard with leeks and parsley. The dark leafy green is packed with vitamins, and cooks in a flash, too.
29. Roasted Sweet Potato and Kale Bowl (40 minutes)
With just five ingredients and a balanced blend of crunchy kale, juicy pomegranate seeds and earthy sweet potato, we bet this will quickly turn into a go-to dinner for you.
30. Pasta Alla Norma (1 hour)
File this under “looks ridiculously impressive but secretly isn’t.” Rigatoni is tossed with herbs, tomato sauce and roasted eggplant. You’re definitely gonna want seconds.
31. Easy Keto Tuna Nicoise Salad (20 minutes)
This keto upgrade focuses on protein (tuna and eggs) and low-carb veggies (tomatoes and green beans) in lieu of the potatoes usually included in a traditional nicoise. It’s basically a beautiful platter of goodness with a drizzle of oil and vinegar dressing.
32. Ramp Anchovy Carbonara Pasta (25 minutes)
An incredibly straightforward pasta recipe that packs a huge punch of flavor and will make your date think you’re a chef.
33. Roasted Cod with Mint Chimichurri (50 minutes)
Transform what some people might assume is bland whitefish into a remarkable dish bursting with parsley, cilantro, mint and garlic. (You’ll have chimichurri sauce leftover for sandwiches and salads, too.)
34. Chipotle Zucchini and Corn Tacos (30 minutes)
Veggie tacos don’t have to revolve around beans. Toss in some roasted zucchini, corn and avocado (also, did someone say cumin and adobo sauce?) for a hearty new dinner idea.
35. Saucy Pineapple BBQ Chicken Bowls (25 minutes)
Full disclosure, this takes way less time if you own an Instant Pot. Whether you slow cook for six hours or pressure cook for eight minutes, you’ll be amazed by how sweet, tangy and easy these BBQ bowls are.
36. Honey Garlic Salmon with Apple Dijon Salad (30 minutes)
Here’s a meal for someone who likes to get lots of praise without doing a ton of work (aka all of us). Let the super-simple dijon, soy sauce and honey glaze do the talking.
37. Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps (15 minutes)
This ain’t your standard chicken salad. Tasty Moroccan spices like turmeric, cinnamon and cumin zest up this salad (add some tahini too, if you like). Then roll a scoop up in some butter lettuce. So. Good.
38. Mango Chicken Stir-Fry (30 minutes)
This stir-fry cooks in just 15 minutes and delivers crunchy snow peas, creamy hints of cashew butter, sweet mango and spicy ginger.
39. Kung Pao Chickpea Brussels Sprout Stir-Fry (25 minutes)
Searching for a stir-fry with a little extra kick to it? Look no further than this dish with homemade kung pao sauce (ready in just about 25 minutes total).
40. Oven-Baked Chicken Kofta Wraps (1 Hour)
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, paleo and Whole30 approved, these lettuce wraps are nutritious in every sense of the word.
41. REALLY EASY HEALTHY ORANGE CAULIFLOWER (35 Minutes)
Orange chicken might not be the epitome of health food, but this vegan rendition uses veggies and only a little bit of sugar (use even less, if you want).
42. INDIAN PUMPKIN BUTTER CHICKPEAS (30 Minutes)
Chickpeas are an underrated main course, but just two cans of garbanzos create the base for a protein-packed dinner for two.
43. HEALTHY CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE (10 Minutes)
You can whip up this healthier version of fried rice faster than you can get your favorite takeout delivered. A win-win dinner situation.
44. LEMONY BROCCOLINI PASTA (15 Minutes)
Hey, there’s nothing wrong with dumping jarred marinara onto your plate of pasta. It takes two minutes. But sometimes we want something a little more…elegant.
45. ONE-PAN ROASTED CHICKEN WITH CARROTS (30 Minutes)
Cook it all at once on a sheet pan and enjoy dinner (without a pile of pots and pans in the sink).
46. Slow-Cooker Chicken Teriyaki (6 Hours, 5 Minutes)
Fact: Making dinner in your Crock-Pot rocks. So the next time you go to plug it in, pile in the ingredients for this slow-cooker chicken teriyaki recipe.
47. ZUCCHINI PIZZA (35 Minutes)
Why do we love this recipe? Not only is this pizza super simple to make, but it's also gluten free and paleo-friendly! Oh, and we recommend adding wine for an instant date night.
48. CHICKEN QUINOA VEGGIE BOWLS (20 Minutes)
Still wondering how something so delicious and nutritious can be so easy to make.
49. SIMPLE MOROCCAN SALMON (17 Minutes)
Fire up the taste buds. So fast to make, yet oh-so-flavorful.
50. Lobster Risotto (1 Hour, 15 Minutes)
Looking to impress? This decadent meal for two has "date night" written all over it.
51. Grilled Peach and Halloumi Salad with Lemon-Pesto Dressing (30 Minutes)
Now this is what we call a dinner salad.
52. Honey-Lime Chicken and Veggies in Foil (30 Minutes)
Best of all, there’s no cleanup.
53. Cauliflower Sweet Potato Burgers (45 Minutes)
Smashed avocado and spicy mayo take these family-friendly sammies over the top.
54. Grilled Flatbread Pizza with Artichoke, Ricotta and Lemon (40 Minutes)
Sure, homemade pizza dough is a fun (and tasty) Saturday afternoon project. But sometimes you want that same delicious flavor without all the work. That’s where this grilled flatbread pizza with artichoke, ricotta and lemon comes in.
55. Skillet Roast Chicken with Peaches, Tomatoes and Red Onion (1 hour, 20 Minutes)
Did we mention you'll have only one pan to clean?
56. One-Pot Pasta Limone (15 Minutes)
Throw all of the ingredients in the pot and boil ’em.
57. SKILLET PASTA WITH SUMMER SQUASH, RICOTTA AND BASIL (55 Minutes)
No dishes, no problem.
58. Zoodles with Summer Vegetables (30 Minutes)
You just took a trip to the farmers market and now have enough zucchini, cherry tomatoes and corn to feed a football team for a week. Well, we know just what to do with it all: Make these zoodles.
59. Skillet Steak with Asparagus and Potatoes (1 Hour)
It’s totally foolproof, we promise.