With summer entertaining, you’re sweating straight into your salad (and don’t even think about turning on the oven). Spring, on the other hand, boasts moderate temperatures and the return of fresh produce. While everyone’s still freaking out over asparagus, take advantage of the excitement and host a soirée. Start with these 23 spring dinner party recipes to inspire your menu, from crisp salads and vegetable-forward appetizers to all the strawberry desserts your heart desires. Our place or yours?
23 Spring Dinner Party Recipes That Demand a Patio Gathering
- Time Commitment: 20 minutes
- Why We Love It: ready in <30 minutes, <10 ingredients, special occasion–worthy, gluten free
Not only is it totally gorgeous, it’s also ready to eat in 20 minutes. We love a secretly easy entrée.
- Time Commitment: 10 minutes
- Why We Love It: no cook, crowd-pleaser, low sugar, beginner-friendly
We’re not about to stir up individual cocktails for a crowd, so a pitcher of negronis is in order. Our version is lightened up with Lillet Blanc instead of vermouth, because spring.
- Time Commitment: 15 minutes
- Why We Love It: ready in <30 minutes, no cook, under 500 calories
This is a delicious way to wave goodbye to stew season.