Whether you’re already devoted to a plant-based lifestyle or just starting to dabble in vegetarianism, we can all agree that a meal doesn’t have to contain meat to be satisfying. Plus, there are plenty of great reasons to skip the chicken, pork and beef: For one, it’s budget friendly. For two, studies have proven that eating less meat is better for the environment. Oh, and it’s downright delicious. So, without further ado, here are 48 meatless dinner ideas that will please everyone.
48 Meatless Dinner Ideas That Everyone at the Table Will Love
1. Winter Squash Galette With Caramelized Onions And Gruyère
You can use any type of winter squash (like kabocha or butternut) in this dish. Serve it with a big green salad and dinner is set.
2. Cheater’s Vegetarian Pizza With Zucchini And Bell Peppers
It’s so much tastier than the veggie pie from your takeout spot (but just as easy to get on the table, thanks to store-bought seeded flatbread).
3. Vegetarian Sushi Cups
We’ll leave the raw fish business to the pros, thank you very much.
4. Vegetarian Chili
Chili is the original one-pot meal, and one of our all-time favorites at that. Plus, it’s easily customizable based on your veggie preferences.
5. Grilled Peach And Halloumi Salad With Lemon-pesto Dressing
Sad salads are a thing of the past. This one is packed with protein and hearty enough for dinner, plus there’s plenty of cheese—swoon.
6. Farro Risotto With Butternut Squash And Scallions
This risotto has a secret: It’s made in the Instant Pot, so you don’t have to stir a thing.
7. Crispy Tofu Steaks With Broccoli Rabe And Romesco
Behold, our favorite way to enjoy tofu. It’s flavorful and easy to make, and that romesco sauce is *chef’s kiss*.
8. Quick Guacamole Quinoa Salad
If you have a batch of leftover cooked quinoa at the ready, this one comes together in ten minutes.
9. Baking Sheet Quesadillas
One giant quesadilla is far superior to a few small ones. Why? Because you don’t have to stand around by the stove making each one.
10. Zucchini Carbonara With Parsnip ‘pancetta’
This pasta is full of sneaky vegetables, but it’s surprisingly kid friendly. Boxed mac and cheese, we’ll see you on the flip side.
11. Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
Do you like garlic, olive oil and dinners that are ready in 20 minutes? Us too.
12. Balsamic Brown Butter Tortellini With Spinach And Hazelnuts
Store-bought cheese tortellini is kind of like magic. It takes little effort to dress up but tastes like you’re a regular Italian nonna.
13. Pasta Alla Norma With Eggplant, Basil & Pecorino
Is this the next best thing to a Sicilian vacation? All signs point to yes.
14. Corn Fritter Caprese With Peaches And Tomatoes
The only part you have to cook is the fritters, so this dish is as easy to make as it is impressive.
15. General Tso’s Cauliflower
We’ll admit this recipe is a little more involved than calling for delivery, but the results are so worth it.
16. Oven-baked Super-green Falafel
They’re crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside and require absolutely zero deep-frying.
17. Cauliflower Sweet Potato Burgers
No need to bust out the grill for these babies. They’re seared on the stove for ultimate crispiness.
18. White Risotto With Corn, Carrots And Kale
Treat the risotto like a blank canvas and use whatever seasonal produce looks best at the market (or whatever you already have in your fridge).
19. Cacio E Pepe
We bet you have all the ingredients—all six of them—in your pantry right now.
20. Chickpea And Vegetable Coconut Curry
Psst: Any of the veggies can be swapped for whatever you have on hand— broccoli instead of cauliflower, snap peas instead of bell pepper, you get the idea.
21. Butternut Squash Risotto With Crispy Leeks
Just swap the chicken stock for vegetable (or even water) and this one is totally meat-free.
22. One-pot, 15-minute Pasta Limone
If you can throw all the ingredients into a pot and turn on the stove, you can make this dish.
23. Cauliflower Fried Rice
When in doubt, put an egg on it.
24. Blackberry-peach Grilled Cheese
If you thought grilled cheese was for kids, think again. This version features three types of fromage—for the adults.
25. Donna Hay’s Best Veggie Burgers
With many homemade veggie burgers, you have to bust out your food processor or stock up on a bunch of random ingredients you’ll never use again. But this one requires no fancy appliances (or extra trips to the store) at all.
26. Crispy Tofu Bánh Mì
Since the pickled vegetables and sriracha mayo have so much flavor, you can keep the protein pretty simple. In this case, it’s firm tofu fried to crispy perfection.
27. Rainbow Collard Wraps With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
These wraps can be made up to two days ahead for easy lunches and light dinners. Pass the PB dipping sauce, please.
28. Watermelon Poke Bowls
Sure, it’s fish-free, but it’s also totally ’Gram-worthy. Bookmark for the first warm day of the year.
29. Cauliflower Chili
Introducing the bowl of our wildest dreams. Why? Because—hello—there’s cauliflower, but it’s also super healthy and ready in about 30 minutes.
30. Vegetable Tagine With Fluffy Couscous
You can use any vegetables you want, but don’t skip the harissa-rippled yogurt.
31. Tomato And White Bean Stew On Toast
This recipe relies on a pot of homemade beans, but if you’re strapped for time, you can definitely get away with using canned.
32. Mac And Cheese With Crispy Parmesan-phyllo Crust
Those phyllo rosettes are almost too pretty to eat, but we’ll take a second scoop anyway.
33. Vegetable Wellington With Mushrooms And Spinach
Here’s proof that you can whip up a super fancy meal sans meat. (The puff pastry? It’s store-bought, but no one will know.)
34. Potato And Burrata Pizza
We said we’re going meatless, but we didn’t say we wouldn’t indulge. That’s where burrata comes in to play.
35. Roasted Squash And Tofu With Soy, Honey, Chili And Ginger
This has everything we want in a dinner: It’s spicy, sweet, savory and mostly hands-off.
36. Sweet Potato Rösti With Fried Eggs And Greens
If a latke and a sweet potato fry had a very delicious baby, this would be it. Best of all, it’s ready in 30 minutes.
37. Black Rice Bowl With Figs, Radicchio, Pickled Radishes And Pepitas
Rice bowls are a dime a dozen, but this one is different. (You can thank the figs, candied pepitas and spiced labneh.)
38. Goat Cheese Pasta With Spinach And Artichokes
Goat cheese is the secret trick to a creamy, saucy pasta that takes just 25 minutes to make. You’re welcome.
39. Orzo With Spiced Tomato Sauce And Feta
You’ll be tempted to break into a jar of store-bought tomato sauce, but not so fast. This meal comes together in just one skillet, even with the homemade sauce.
40. Kung Pao Cauliflower
If you’re convinced cauliflower is bland, we suggest you try this 15-minute masterpiece to change your mind.
41. Veggie Bánh Mì Bowls With Crispy Tofu
Once again, sriracha mayo saves the day—er, dinner.
42. Portobello And Avocado Quesadillas With Magic Green Sauce
What’s magic green sauce, you wonder? Just the spicy-citrusy-sweet avocado-herb condiment of your dreams.
43. Overstuffed Sweet Potatoes With Chipotle-lime Yogurt
When you crave something healthy yet filling, a stuffed sweet potato with all the fixings is where it’s at.
44. Instant Pot Vegan Pho
Pho broth is traditionally simmered for hours, but with your handy pressure cooker, you can achieve the same rich taste in a fraction of the time.
45. Creamy Vegan Lentil And Roasted Vegetable Bake
It’s hard to believe there’s no dairy involved—that’s how dreamy the cashew cream sauce is.
46. Creamy Sweet Corn Pappardelle
We have a hunch you’re going to want seconds (and thirds).
47. Vegan Lentil-mushroom Burgers
Those vegan burgers in the frozen aisle don’t stand a chance.
48. Whole-wheat Feta Tart With Caramelized Onions And Herbs
It’s a little bit sweet, a little bit salty and extremely delicious, thanks to a press-in crust and no-cook filling.