26 Awesome Things to Do in the Hamptons This July
The days are long, the lobster rolls are plentiful and you’ve settled into your Hamptons routine—beach, shopping, rosé, repeat—but summer is slipping away faster than you realize. Here are 26 ways to ensure you make the most of the dog days.
1. Sip seasonally inspired cocktails (like the Garden Party, with gin, cucumber and green pepper) and feast on fresh-caught seafood at Montauk’s newest restaurant, Flagship.
2. Hit the pavement for the 27th annual Southampton Firecracker 8K run and three-mile walk on July 2.
3. Bring a beach chair or a blanket and catch one of the Hamptons International Film Festival’s free outdoor screenings in Montauk, East Hampton or Southampton through August.
4. Get your abs into fighting shape when New York Pilates opens its new Montauk location on July 4th weekend.
6. Savor summer with an evening of tacos, tequila, surf and sand at Dan’s Corona MonTaco on July 7.
7. Indulge your inner docu-nerd at the Hamptons International Film Festival’s SummerDocs series, kicking off July 8 with Nobody Speak: Trials of the Free Press, a film about the forces that brought down Gawker.
8. Try the cathartic full-body workout The Class by Taryn Toomey when the cult-favorite bicoastal studio pops up in various Hamptons locations through September 4.
9. Sink your sink teeth into surf and turf from some of the best restaurants from Montauk to Manhattan when the annual favorite Dan’s ClambakeMTK returns on July 8.
10. Treat yourself to a new beach tote or summer outfit at the La Ligne pop-up + trunk show at the One Kings Lane store in Southampton from July 8-July 16.
11. Pony rides, face painting, cotton candy: A free carnival is heading to the Hamptons. Take your favorite youngsters to the Grand Carnival in East Hampton on July 9 and lock down favorite-auntie status.
12. Swing to the sounds of live jazz at Shelter Island’s elegant Ram’s Head Inn every Sunday night through Columbus Day.
13. Nothing compares to summer berries from the source. Pick your own strawberries now through July and raspberries starting mid-July at Hank’s Farmstand.
14. See you at the pool. La Nuit en Rosé brings its rosé festival to the Hamptons with a giant pool party on July 14.
15. Dance the night away at the Surf Lodge concert series on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights throughout the summer.
16. Decide for yourself who grills better when Hamptons and NYC chefs face off at Dan’s Grillhampton on July 21.
17. Check out live reggae music while catching unreal sunsets at East Hampton Point every Sunday at the waterfront bar.
18. Grab your squad for a picture to remember your vacation by when Polaroid pops up with portrait sessions at the Children’s Museum of the East End from July 21 to July 23.
19. Indulge in the best bites of the North and South Fork when the Taste of Two Forks returns on July 22.
20. Go treasure hunting at the East Hampton Antiques Show on July 22 and 23.
21. Bring your appetite for craft beer, Long Island wines, and bites from local restaurants for the Fifth Annual Taste of Montauk on July 23.
22. Scoop up majorly discounted clothes, accessories and home goods (from brands like Alice & Olivia and Sigerson Morrison) when Super Saturday returns for its 20th year on July 29.
23. Satisfy your sweet tooth at the Dylan’s Candy Bar seasonal mini-store in East Hampton.
24. Raise a glass of bubbly and taste food from more than 40 top chefs at the James Beard Foundation’s Chefs and Champagne on July 29.
25. Tour charming Sag Harbor on foot with Jordan’s Run: Veterans’ Memorial 5K Run/Walk on July 30. The race honors the late Lance Corporal Jordan Haerter, a U.S. Marine and Sag Harbor native.
26. Achieve #fitspo nirvana at the new post-workout space inside SoulCycle’s Bridgehampton studio, Below the Barn. The new space offers wellness programming in partnership with Lululemon, a hangout space and a curated marketplace of lifestyle wares.