The Royal Family Says Prince Charles ‘Remains in Good Health’ After Testing Positive for Coronavirus
Anadolu Agency / Getty Images

Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus, we have learned this morning. 

Clarence House announced the news in a statement early Wednesday, revealing that the 71-year-old had been displaying mild symptoms over the weekend and was tested by the NHS in Aberdeenshire on Monday.

“The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus. He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual,” a spokesperson said. “The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland. The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.”

Unfortunately, there is no word on where or when exactly the Duke of Cornwall caught the virus. 

“It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks,” the statement continued. 

Charles last saw Queen Elizabeth on March 12, but she “remains in good health,” according to Buckingham Palace. As for the 71-year-old and his wife, the couple will be spending time in isolation at Birkhall, their Balmoral estate in Scotland.

We are hoping for a speedy recovery. 

RELATED: Princess Eugenie Posts Childhood Throwback Pics of Her & Sister Princess Beatrice in Matching Outfits

 

 

From Around The Web

The News—But Only the Fun Stuff—
Delivered Right to Your Inbox.
Subscribe