50 Easy, Low-Maintenance Meals to Make for Dinner
After a long day of work that started with rushing the kiddos out the door at dawn, the last thing you need to worry about is dinner. Here, 50 easy low maintenance meals...because we care.
1. Grilled Watermelon Steaks
We’ll never go back to boring old watermelon slices again.
2. Veggie Niçoise Salad with Red Curry Green Beans
Easy-breezy (and so French).
3. Pork Scallopini with Lemon, Capers and Radicchio
This elevated skillet dinner is ready in 20 minutes.
4. Butter-Baked Cucumber Tostadas
Did you know you can roast cucumbers just like chicken? (You can. And it’s glorious.)
5. Skillet Steak with Asparagus and Potatoes
A one-pan dinner that looks (and tastes) fancy but is totally foolproof.
6. Grilled Flatbread Pizza with Artichoke, Ricotta and Lemon
No kneading necessary, thanks to store-bought flatbread.
7. Roasted Delicata Squash Cauliflower Chickpea Curry
A protein-packed dinner that happens to be meat-free.
8. Pan-Fried Cod with Orange and Swiss Chard
News flash: Cooking seafood doesn’t have to be tricky and time-consuming.
9. White Turkey Chili with Avocado
Cooking for a crowd? Spice things up with this white turkey chili with avocado.
10. Pasta alla Norma with Eggplant, Basil & Pecorino
Four servings for less than $10? Salute!
11. Poblano and Mushroom Tacos with Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
Colorful, bursting with flavor and ready in 30 minutes. Practically perfect in every way.
12. Chicken and Snap Pea Stir-Fry
Got five ingredients, a few pantry staples and 20 minutes? You can make this dish.
13. Cacio e Pepe
Sometimes simplicity wins.
14. Eggs Baked in Tomatoes
Featuring two ingredients you already have in the fridge.
15. One-Pan Roasted Chicken with Carrots
Say goodbye to post-dinner cleanup.
16. Zoodles with Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella
There’s no need to boil: three minutes in the skillet and they’re done.
17. Cauliflower Sweet Potato Burgers
Make a double batch and stash the leftovers in the freezer.
18. The Ultimate Quinoa-Avocado Bowl
Psst: Leftovers will make the most non-boring work lunch in history.
19. Kabocha & Kale Miso Sesame Soba Salad
Just as healthy as a salad, but the whole family will actually eat it.
20. Baked Sesame-Ginger Salmon in Parchment
Aka how to cook fish with no cleanup (or fishy smell).
21. Skillet Gnocchi with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe
Tastes like you spent all day making it. Lucky for you, it only takes 30 minutes.
22. Chickpea and Vegetable Coconut Curry
You could order takeout. Or you grab an apron and whip up this quick Thai-inspired dish in half an hour.
23. Shrimp with Cauliflower “Grits” and Arugula
Lose the carbs, keep the flavor.
24. Grilled Lemon + Collard Green Pasta with Mushrooms
Simple, flavorful, comforting.
25. Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage
At less than $5 a serving, the price is pretty right.
26. Lime Chicken with Corn and Poblano Salad
Some nights, boring old chicken breast is good enough for dinner. Tonight is not one of those nights.
27. Polenta and Meatballs
Plain spaghetti and meatballs? Yawn.
28. Green Falafel Sandwich Beet Hummus
Your food processor does most of the work. (Save your energy for eating.)
29. Slow-Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Curry
It's the perfect fall dish, but we're making this all year long.
30. Ravioli Lasagna
The quickest, easiest baked pasta ever.
31. Slow-Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Just set it and forget it. (But, um, don’t forget to eat it.)
32. Winter Citrus Butter Salmon
Psst: Blood oranges are the highlight of this dish.
33. Cheater’s White Wine Coq au Vin
Eat your heart out, Julia Child.
34. 15-Minute Lemony Broccolini Pasta
Extra-crunchy pine nuts, please.
35. Lasagna Soup
Our two favorite dinners, together at last.
36. Instant Pot Spicy Thai Butternut Squash Soup
Anything but your average seasonal squash soup.
37. Tahini Kale Salad with Spiralized Butternut Squash and Feta
So healthy yet so satisfying.
38. Roasted Tomato, Kale and Sausage Soup
Bookmark it for a cold, rainy night.
39. Easy One-Pan Baked Ziti
Best of all, there’s only one dish to do.
40. Chicken Gnocchi Soup
41. Low-Carb Eggplant Pizza
Ooh, and it’s ready in under an hour.
42. Rotisserie Chicken Ramen
This shortcut is brilliant.
43. Slow-Cooker Beef Bourguignon
The perfect Netflix-watching meal.
44. Thanksgiving in Two Hours
Yep, it’s possible.
45. Turkey Stromboli
Aka what to do with all those leftovers.
46. The Ultimate Chicken Potpie
The ultimate cold-weather dish.
47. Salmon Bowl with Farro and Black Beans
We heart tahini.
48. Roasted Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese
Mixing veggies in means you can eat twice as much. Win-win.
49. Butternut Squash Carbonara