Absolutely Everything You Need to Do in Dallas This Spring
Take advantage of Texas's weather sweet spot
Hurry, Dallas, you know we don’t have much time before these glorious temperatures turn torturous and we basically A/C hop for the rest of summer. So get it while it’s moderately hot. Here are 16 things you absolutely must do while it’s still nice out. Now go forth and conquer your 2016 spring bucket list.
1. Score a reservation on the Americano patio at the Joule. This super-chic open-air dining space is making all of our “make Downtown Dallas vibrant again” dreams come true.
2. Stroll through the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden to check out more than 66 acres of spring beauty. The Cool Thursday Concert Series is also back. Buy your tickets here…and bring some refreshing buzzy beverages with you.
4. Participate in free fitness classes, music events and more at Klyde Warren Park.
6. Channel your inner hippie at the largest urban hardwood forest in the country, which is just ten miles south of Downtown Dallas (who knew?). The Trinity River Audubon Center offers birding classes, five miles of scenic trails and a butterfly garden.
7. Request your company’s corporate seats for a Texas Rangers baseball game before temperatures jump into the 90s (we refuse to speak of temperatures higher than that).
8. The Dallas Farmers Market is giving us all the feels lately. Sign up for an informal wine and cheese class at Scardello Artisan Cheese’s latest location inside the market.
9. Cow Tipping Creamery, which started as a food truck in Austin, is officially open. So get in line ASAP at the East Dallas spot.
10. Hit up the TACA Party on the Green. It’s the glorious outdoor food festival where rosé floweth like water. Plus it’s at the Mansion on Turtle Creek, which always gives us a total Old Hollywood pinch-me moment.
11. New patio alert! Cultivar Coffee just opened its first stand-alone shop in Oak Cliff. Watch as the work-from-home hipsters descend onto its patio like ants on an almond croissant…and join in.
12. Listen to a great band while spreading out on a blanket with your pals at Gexa Energy Pavilion. Performers include Dave Matthews, the Doobie Brothers, Hall & Oates and many more of your high school playlist faves.
13. The wildly popular V+V Apothicaire juice gals (formerly known as Vim +Vigor) just came out with a delicious line of on-the-go chilled soups, which are currently available exclusively at Whole Foods.
14. Make the trek over to Fort Worth for Texas’s biggest art festival. The Main Street Art Festival is going down April 14 to 17 and spans 27 blocks. Did we mention it’s free?
15. In need of some girl talk and exercise? Grab a friend to gab while paddle boarding on White Rock Lake.
16. Cruise over to Cowtown with the top down and end up at the Coyote Drive-In. Upcoming offerings like Miracles from Heaven, The Boss and My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 are getting us all kinds of giddy.