These days, there’s green beauty, clean products, non-toxic ingredients and cruelty-free. But that doesn’t always mean they’re vegan. Things like beeswax, honey and collagen are all derivatives of animal by-products, and they’re in so many more formulas than we ever realized. Thankfully, it’s easier than ever to determine whether a brand is vegan—and no, it doesn’t mean the products are less effective. We did the research for you and pulled out 14 of the best products without any animal by-products, below.
14 of the Best Vegan Beauty Products Money Can Buy
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. You can learn more about that process here.
1. Youth To The People Superfood Air Whip Moisture Cream
Like a green juice for your skin, this ultra-lightweight moisturizer is jam-packed with superfoods, hyaluronic acid and green tea to hydrate and nourish on contact.
2. Sunday Riley Good Genes All-in-one Lactic Acid Treatment
PureWow editors swear by this creamy serum for radiant skin.
3. 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream
Like a morning espresso for your peepers, this cream wakes up tired eyes with puffiness-deflating, dark-circle-fading caffeine.
4. Herbivore Botanicals Phoenix Facial Oil
This facial oil is formulated with rosehip oil, CoQ10 and botanical extracts, and is basically glow in a bottle.
5. Bareminerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
With a formula unlike any other, this cream’s gel-like texture glides on smoothly and masks imperfections while plumping skin with hyaluronic acid.
6. Tarte Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Contour Concealer
It’s the only concealer that all our editors unanimously agree is the best at masking dark circles, without the slightest crease.
7. Grande Cosmetics Grandelash-md Lash Enhancing Serum
One PureWow editor swears by this lash serum and has successfully gotten 20 others hooked.
8. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara And Diamonds
Yep, this cult-fave mascara is vegan. Swipe your heart out.
Buy It ($25)
9. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
The master of brows uses soybean oil instead of beeswax to make the ultra-fine brow pencil free of any animal products.
10. Kopari Beauty Coconut Lip Glossy
This coconut oil–based gloss solves the age-old problem of wearing a sticky lip product on a windy day. It’s super shiny, but not at all tacky. (Finally!)
11. Colourpop Super Shock Highlighter
When you want to be seen from across the room—like really seen—this is the highlighter for you. It’s buildable, blendable and glimmery in all the right ways.
12. Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels
The best way to unwind after a long day or night? Pop these cruelty-free, vegan eye gels in the fridge and then apply them to your under-eyes.
13. Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner
Shoppers love this brand thanks to its easy-to-shop price point and effective products. And luckily, most are vegan, including this glycolic acid toner.
14. Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Shampoo
This stuff is a total game-changer. Itchy, flaky or generally oily scalps are no match for the exfoliating and detoxing powers of this coconut oil–based shampoo. Work the vegetable-derived micro-exfoliators (not harmful plastic beads) into your scalp for a deep clean, without detriment to the planet or its animals.