35 Low-Carb Chicken Recipes That Aren’t Completely Boring
So you’re cutting back on carbs—good for you. But that doesn’t mean you’ve resigned yourself to a future of plain chicken breasts and cauliflower rice. In fact, plenty of chicken recipes are light on carbs without lacking in the flavor department. Don’t believe us? Here are 35 mouthwatering, unexpected low-carb chicken recipes to make ASAP.
1. Bruschetta Chicken (6g carbs)
With all the juicy tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and our trusty go-to, Parmesan cheese, you won’t even know you’re eating something good for you.
2. Greek Chicken Bowls (17g carbs)
Plain cauliflower rice isn’t much to write home about, but when you top it with tzatziki, olives and zesty chicken, it shines.
3. Whole30 Chicken Meatballs and Cauliflower Rice with Coconut-Herb Sauce (17g carbs)
Have we ever introduced you to our favorite food group, meatballs? These are tender and packed with flavor (but minus the bread crumbs).
4. Family-Style Chicken Caesar Salad (8g carbs)
The dressing gets its flavor from olives, Worcestershire sauce and a yogurt base, and if you skip the croutons, the dish clocks in at 8 grams of carbs per serving. Delicious indeed.
5. Chicken and Snap Pea Stir-Fry (11g carbs)
We could wax poetic about stir-fries for days (they’re so fast!), but we’ll let the flavors do the talking.
6. Balsamic Cranberry Roast Chicken (9g carbs)
Don’t be put off by the prep time for this one: It’s mostly hands-off for marinating. The actual cooking time is only 35 minutes.
7. Spicy Stir-Fried Chicken and Shredded Brussels Bowls (19g carbs)
The Brussels sprouts get so crispy and caramelized, we promise you won’t even miss the rice.
8. Low-Carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada Bake (25g carbs)
What has layers of refried beans and bubbly cheese and won’t wreck your waistline? This guy.
9. Low-Carb Chicken Divan (6g carbs)
What the heck is chicken divan, you ask? Oh, just an ’80s casserole classic…with a healthy makeover.
10. Summer Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette (9g carbs)
Bring on the bacon, avocado and chipotle grilled chicken.
11. Black Pepper Chicken (17g carbs)
Your usual takeout spot doesn’t know what’s coming, thanks to this lightened-up version of a favorite. It’s also ready in 30 minutes, no big deal.
12. Chicken Thighs with Pancetta and Green Olives (4g carbs)
If you’re looking for proof that simple is best, look no further than the shatteringly crisp skin on these chicken thighs.
13. Gochujang Chicken Stir-Fry (22g carbs)
It’s just as easy as roasting a plain chicken breast, but so much tastier.
14. Slow-Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala Meatballs (22g carbs)
Swap the jasmine rice for cauliflower and you’re in business.
15. Keto Pasta with Lemon-Kale Chicken (9g carbs)
This pasta dish has a secret: It’s made with tofu shirataki noodles, which have almost no carbs at all. (They’re also sometimes called miracle noodles. Makes sense.)
16. Oven-Baked Chicken Kofta Wraps (10g carbs)
Lettuce wraps are underrated. They’re crisp, cool, refreshing and the ideal vehicle for heavily spiced chicken kofta.
17. Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Stuffed Peppers (16g carbs)
Can all of our meals be served in adorable pepper boats?
18. Spicy Lemon-Ginger Chicken Soup (12g carbs)
Aside from being impossibly simple and comforting, this soup is endlessly adaptable. Switch up the greens, add turmeric, go crazy.
19. Avocado Chicken Salad (14g carbs)
While there’s still a *tiny* bit of mayo (sorry, haters), the avocado actually accounts for most of the decadence in this lunchtime classic.
20. Sheet-Pan Chicken Shawarma with Lemon-Tahini Drizzle (11g carbs)
Fun to say, fun to eat, paleo-friendly and gluten-, dairy- and grain-free. Huzzah!
21. Honey Mustard Sheet-Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts (23g carbs)
On our ideal dinner checklist? Fast, easy and minimal cleanup. This one ticks all the boxes and then some.
22. One-Pan Creamy Chicken Fricassee with Sage (8g carbs)
We know it’s hard to believe, but there’s no heavy cream in this decidedly creamy number. It’s all courtesy of the egg yolks and lemon in the sauce.
23. Kung Pao Chicken (17g carbs)
Juicy, sweet, salty, spicy, sour and it all comes together in one pan. Can we eat this every night?
24. Greek Chicken Kebabs (10g carbs)
Grilling chicken is an easy way to impart tons of flavor without adding extra carbohydrates. Lucky for you, this entire dish is roasted over a flame.
25. Instant Pot Balsamic Chicken (19g carbs)
Tonight’s dinner is brought to you by the press of a button.
26. Sheet-Pan Chicken Piccata (5g carbs)
We never knew such a simple dish could look so gorgeous (or taste so good).
27. French Onion Chicken (9g carbs)
All of our favorite things about the soup—caramelized onions, gooey cheese and savory goodness—with the ingenious addition of chicken. Yum.
28. Sheet-Pan Chicken Tinga Bowls (16g carbs)
Don’t let a low-carb meal plan get in the way of lunchtime. This dish takes 15 minutes on a single baking sheet, makes enough for four days and stores in the fridge like a dream.
29. Baked Paleo Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Dip (9g carbs)
These are diet-friendly? Pinch us.
30. Chicken Caprese with Pesto Zucchini Noodles (25g carbs)
Add the word caprese to almost anything and you’re guaranteed a dinnertime hit.
31. Honey-Lime Chicken and Veggies in Foil (24g carbs)
Everything gets cooked in a convenient little packet, so you can say, “Look, Ma, no cleanup!”
32. Roasted Drumsticks with Tomatoes (7g carbs)
Plain roast chicken? Snooze. We love the way the cherry tomatoes burst in the oven and create their own sauce.
34. Cheater’s White Wine Coq au Vin (10g carbs)
It tastes so naughty you won’t believe it has just ten grams of carbs per serving.
35. Low-Carb Zucchini Enchiladas (26g carbs)
Catch you on the flip side, tortillas.