40 Ketogenic Dinner Recipes You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
Keto Pasta with Lemon-Kale Chicken
Dana Carpender/Keto For One
It’s a weeknight and you really want pasta. Ordinarily, you’d boil a package of spaghetti, dump some tomato sauce on top and call it a night, but you’re eating keto. Luckily, Dana Carpender, author of The Keto for One Cookbook, is saving the day with her quick and tasty recipe for keto pasta with lemon-kale chicken.
The secret to making the meal extra easy? “I buy just enough kale for the recipe from the grocery-store salad bar—no leftovers,” Carpender says. And if you’re not into chicken thighs, you can use boneless, skinless chicken breast too.
One 8-ounce (225g) package tofu shirataki noodles (spaghetti, fettucine or angel hair)
6 ounces (170g) boneless, skinless dark-meat chicken (from 1 or 2 thighs)
3 tablespoons (45ml) extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
⅛ teaspoon red-pepper flakes
1 cup (67g) lightly packed stemmed and chopped kale
1½ teaspoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons (10g) grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare the shirataki noodles according to the package instructions. While the noodles are cooking, cut the chicken into bite-size cubes.
2. Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, then add the olive oil. Toss in the chicken, garlic and red-pepper flakes, and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. When the chicken is no longer pink, toss in the kale and sauté until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the lemon juice and zest, then add the shirataki noodles and toss until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pile the noodles on a plate or in a bowl, top with the Parmesan and dig in.