Maybe you made a massive pot of Irish stew. Or perhaps you prepared what felt like a million meatballs for Sunday dinner. Either way, you’re going to need to come up with a tasty use for all that surplus lamb. Luckily, we have plenty of delicious ideas that range from bold pastas to soul-warming soups. Read on for 25 leftover lamb recipes that everyone at the dinner table will rave about.
25 Leftover Lamb Recipes That Will Make the Most of Your Surplus
- Time Commitment: 3 hours and 50 minutes
- Why We Love It: high protein, low sugar, special occasion-worthy
This Middle Eastern twist on an Italian classic is a clever way to use up ground lamb. The sauce is a labor of love, but well it’s worth the wait.
- Time Commitment: 45 minutes
- Why We Love It: high protein, high fiber, crowd-pleaser
Think lamb shawarma meets Italian wedding soup. Make the meatballs from scratch with leftover ground meat or plop some premade meatballs in the broth to simmer, and call it a day.
- Time Commitment: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Why We Love It: high protein, kid-friendly, special occasion-worthy
Leftover lamb shoulder is transformed into a warm-spiced handheld for the books. Shawarma is normally roasted on a spit, but this adaptation calls for cooking it in a skillet instead.
6. Lamb Gyro
- Time Commitment: 10 minutes
- Why We Love It: <30 minutes, high protein, kid-friendly
Thanks to precooked gyro meat, this recipe is ready to devour in a flash. But you can easily swap in whatever cooked lamb you have on deck for an equally flavorful (and speedy) dinner.
- Time Commitment: 40 minutes
- Why We Love It: high protein, low carb, Mediterranean diet-friendly
Fire up the grill pan to cook these picturesque kebabs when the weather’s cold.
- Time Commitment: 8 hours 30 minutes
- Why We Love It: high protein, Crockpot recipe, gluten free, crowd-pleaser
Drench the lamb in balsamic glaze, pile it on a bun and top it off with feta cheese and peppery arugula.
- Time Commitment: 1 hour and 55 minutes
- Why We Love It: high protein, crowd pleaser, special occasion-worthy
Just in case you have a surplus of chops in the freezer, we know exactly what to do with them. Did we mention these only require about 15 minutes of cooking?