Though they’re not meant to replace face wash (sorry, y’all), makeup wipes are a solid standby for those days when you can barely make it to the sink. These three picks are vetted by literally thousands of reviewers (present company included) for giving the best clean.
The 3 Best Makeup Remover Wipes on Amazon
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
Editors' Pick: Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleansing Towelettes
- Formulated with 99 percent natural ingredients including aloe and rice extract
- Cloths are made with FSC-certified fabric
- Awarded the National Eczema Seal of Acceptance
As far as makeup wipes go, these are just about as gentle as they come. Made with super-soft cotton and loaded with soothing ingredients like aloe, it’s the only pick that doesn’t irritate this editor’s cheeks (which are prone to flushing at the slightest touch or fluctuation in temperature). "I’m never without a pack of these wipes. Seriously, I start to get a little anxious when I’m running low on them. I use them to freshen up after the gym, fix smudged eye makeup at my desk, exfoliate chapped lips—they do it all with zero sting or irritation."
Most Popular: Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
- Removes 99.3 percent of all makeup including waterproof mascara
- Ophthalmologist-, dermatologist- and allergy-tested
- #1 facial makeup remover according to Nielsen
A consistent fav among makeup artists, this heavy-duty wipe melts even the most stubborn liner or lipstick without the need to tug at your skin. One of our staffers even wiped her face with a white towel after using these and was delighted to find there was no residue left over.
Best Value: Olay Daily Facials
- Dual-sided cloth (one soft; one textured) to exfoliate and cleanse skin
- Witch hazel and salicylic acid to tone skin and clear pores
- Infused with vitamin E to hydrate afterward
For the deepest, most thorough clean, we’d recommend these multitasking wipes. Note: You have to add water to activate the cleanser, but once you do, it lathers up quite nicely. Use the textured side of the cloth to exfoliate and the smooth side to wipe away any remaining residue. Plus, you never have to worry about a pack of these guys drying out.