- Princess Eugenie rang in the New Year by revisiting her favorite moments from 2021. She shared a series of snaps on Instagram, which featured a never-before-seen photo from son August’s christening.
- In a heartfelt essay about climate change, Prince Charles praised his sons, Prince William and Prince Harry, for doing their part in combatting the crisis. He wrote, “As a father, I am proud that my sons have recognized this threat.”
- Royal historian Hugo Vickers weighed in on Camilla Parker Bowles’s future title, admitting that Queen Elizabeth will likely name her Queen Consort, versus Princess Consort (which is what she’s currently slated to be called).
- The queen sent a personal message to a toddler from Ohio, who dressed as Her Majesty for Halloween (corgis included). The lucky child received a response from the queen, written by her lady-in-waiting, the Hon. Dame Mary Anne Morrison.
Royal News Roundup: Charles Praises Harry & Will, Eugenie Shares Rare Photo of August & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the last several weeks.
- In December 2021, Queen Elizabeth posted a throwback photo of herself that was taken in the ’30s. And fans couldn’t get over how much the young royal looked like her future great-granddaughter, Princess Charlotte.
- Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark added two new members to their royal family. The couple shared photos of their new border collie puppies, who posed for a holiday-themed photoshoot.
- Altima Dental released super interesting data on which royal has the most-searched smile. Kate Middleton claimed the number one spot with 36,000 searches per year, followed by Meghan Markle, who received 17,400 searches per year.
- On a candid episode of Apple Fitness+’s Time to Walk podcast, Prince William revealed that he regularly thinks of Princess Diana, especially when listening to “The Best” by Tina Turner. “And my mother, she’d be driving along, singing at the top of her voice,” he explained. “And we’d even get the policeman in the car, he’d be occasionally singing along, as well.”
- According to former royal correspondent Jane Moore, Princess Charlotte and her classmates aren’t supposed to have best friends at Thomas’s Battersea. It all has to do with the school’s views on kindness and inclusion.
- Last month, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden posted a Christmas photo on the family’s official Instagram account, featuring a rare glimpse of her two children: Princess Estelle (9) and Prince Oscar (5).
- Middleton’s mom, Carole, shared a photo on the official Instagram account of her party supplies business, Party Pieces. The pic features two holiday gnomes, along with a caption that explains the special meaning behind the festive décor pieces. “I’m going to need a few of these cheeky chaps this December to hide around the house and make my grandchildren laugh,” she wrote.
- Ahead of the holidays, royal florists released a “how-to” video for creating a “traditional Christmas door wreath” on the family’s official Instagram account. “Christmas trees were introduced to Britain in the late 18th century by Queen Charlotte, consort of George III,” the post’s caption read. “But they’re not the only way to bring a touch of nature to your home’s Christmas decorations.”
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.